Murderer 25 Hint

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang drive to the address of professor Xu's private clinic that Chen Jing provided. They wander about the area and make their way to a street of low-end bars.
Bai Yutang's car would attract too much attention, so they parked somewhere further away and strolled over.
That area is filled with local gangsters, bars, clubs...sensual places. Most people on the streets here are young, dressed bizarrely.
Zhan Zhao is checking the unit number when Bai Yutang suddenly pulled him closer to himself and puts his arms around him.
"What's that for?" Zhan Zhao jerks his shoulder and glares at him.
"Hush." Bai Yutang murmurs, "Don't look back, someone is following us."
....! ...
"How are we exposed so quickly?" Zhan Zhao asked in surprise.
Bai Yutang smiled, "Probably not what you are thinking of."
"What do you mean?" Zhan Zhao gave him a confused look.
"You will see." Bai Yutang pulled him into an empty alley.
They hear footsteps behind them, it sounds disordered, like there is more than one person.
Bai Yutang halts his steps and two men sprint up to them while another two stopped behind them. The four of them fans out and traps Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang in the centre.
Zhan Zhao observes the gang, they are all twenty-something youngsters in punk outfits, their body tattooed and sporting bizarre hairstyles —- Cosplay??
"You seem rich." One of them sizes Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang up, "Lend me some cash."
Zhan Zhao tries to hold back his laughter. A police captain is getting extorted, this is probably a first for Bai Yutang.
"It's okay if you don't have any money." Another gangster reaches out smirking, "We can also have some fun together..." His hand heading straight for Zhan Zhao's jaw.
Before anyone could react, Bai Yutang has already taken hold of that gangster's hand, twisting it into an unnatural angle with a loud crackling sound — it's broken.
"AHHH." The gangster falls onto the ground cradling his arm, screaming in pain.
The other three waves of panic immediately.
Bai Yutang asked Zhan Zhao, "Do you still remember the moves I taught you?"
Zhan Zhao nods eagerly, a real fight, actual combat! This is a rare chance!
Bai Yutang shakes his head in resignation and beckons his hands at the three gangsters.
The gangsters exchange a look and the leader yells, "Get him..." And all three of them charge towards them.  
Bai Yutang steps forward, dodging one and blocks the other two's advances.
The one that was dodged goes straight for Zhan Zhao.
Zhan Zhao repeats Bai Yutang's teachings in his head, "Time yourself, put your right foot forward quickly, use your right arm to follow your opponent's forearm movement, grab hold of your opponent's left shoulder with your left hand, your left foot step forward against the outside of your opponent's left leg, turn your body around, pull down your hands towards the right, and throw your opponent's body forward."
With a loud thud, the gangster flies out and got a mouthful of mud.
Yay~ Zhan Zhao holds up a small fist pump. He turned around to see Bai Yutang has already taken care of the other two gangsters and is staring back at him.
Bai Yutang sees the adorable expression of 'That was fun, I want to do it again' on Zhan Zhao's face. He really wants to pull Zhan Zhao over and kiss him, but... Never mind, he will probably get punched.
He picks up a random gangster from the floor, "Do you still want to continue?"
"Cough... No... please, no more." The gangster begs while coughing.
"This address." Bai Yutang lifts the gangster up, Zhan Zhao also closes in with interest as well, "Is it around the area?"
The gangster squints his eyes at the address and nods, "Yes...Yes, it's in the house over there."
Bai Yutang lets go of the guy and the whole gang flees immediately. Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao have no interest in pursuing them and head straight for the house instead.
It's a two-storey house, the tattered roll-up gate is half open, inside is the pitch black corridor.
Bai Yutang peeks into the corridor and retrieves his torchlight from his pocket. He turns back at Zhan Zhao and murmurs, "Be careful!"
"Okay." Zhan Zhao nods and follows him.
The two of them walks into the corridor. According to Chen Jing, the clinic is on the second floor.
They move up the stairs carefully, unlike the pitch darkness on the first floor, there are dim lights leaking out of the second floor.
Switching off his torchlight, Bai Yutang stops, blocking Zhan Zhao's way.
Zhan Zhao looks at him in confusion, Bai Yutang pulls out his gun and points at his own nose. Zhan Zhao takes a sniff at the air, there's indeed a heavy scent — the smell of blood
He pulls out his gun as well and gives Bai Yutang an anxious look.
The two of them part ways and closes into the room from different sides.
The room door is not closed tightly, only shut lightly.
Bai Yutang nudges the door open, the light inside the room is dull crimson and he is immediately overwhelmed with a strong smell of blood. Zhan Zhao frowns, no matter who it is, the person would not still be alive after so much bleeding.
The two of them slides into the room and are immediately shocked by the scene in front of them.  
They spot professor Xu lying flat on the ground, his throat cut, the entire floor is covered in blood. From the colour and the coagulation of the blood, he has been dead for at least 24 hours.
As colleagues who have worked together, Zhan Zhao couldn't bear to see professor Xu in this state, he turns his head away.
Bai Yutang does a quick check of the room and calls the S.C.I. a team in resignation.
This sinister house is surrounded by police vehicles in no time, barricading the curious public from the house. Zhan Zhao is sitting in the police vehicle, deep in thoughts. Bai Yutang opens a can of hot coffee for him, "Are you alright?"
Zhan Zhao accepts the coffee, holding it with both hands, feeling the warmth from the can warding off the coldness surrounding him, "What do you think?"
Bai Yutang sighs and sits down next to him, "It feels like things have gone out of control."
"I thought that once we find professor Xu, we would be able to close this case. But he ended up murdered." Zhan Zhao takes a sip at his coffee, "This taste like crap."
"That Dr Zhang is a suspect." Bai Yutang takes the coffee out of Zhan Zhao's hand, "It tastes like crap?" He tries a sip, and tosses the coffee away, frowning, "Like this can of coffee, I bought it for drinking, but it is more useful as a hand-warmer compared to for drinking."
Zhan Zhao chuckles, lowering his head.
"What are you laughing at? Stupid cat!" Bai Yutang scratches his head.
"The way you comfort people is terrible!" Zhan Zhao looks up, "Being logical doesn't suit you at all."
"But you still laughed!" Bai Yutang nudges him with his shoulder, "I am good at everything!"
...
"Cap, we are done surveying the area."
Bai Yutang nods, "Found anything useful?"
Wang Chao shakes his head, "Nothing, not even the murder weapon."
"What about Zhang Long?" Zhan Zhao asks.
"I called him just now, he hasn't found Dr Zhang yet, he's still working on it." Wang Chao answers, "Xu Qing them are still at the school...That guy seems to have evaporated from the face of the earth."
"Keep looking, stay sharp."
"Yes, Sir."
Just when he was ready to leave, Bai Yutang's phone rings suddenly. Picking his phone up, Bai Yutang is startled at the caller ID, "It's from commissioner Bao."
"Hello. Commissioner?"
...
The phone call only lasted for ten seconds, but Bai Yutang's face is filled with alarm and shock.
"What's wrong?" Zhan Zhao rarely see Bai Yutang like this, he has a bad feeling, "What happened?"
Bai Yutang puts his phone down and gazes over at Zhan Zhao, "Zhao Jue escaped."
"...What?!..." Zhan Zhao almost jumps, "How...how is that possible?"
"Commissioner Bao asked us to go over first. Let's go, cat." Bai Yutang tugs Zhan Zhao along with him towards his car, he yells back at Wang Chao, "Get some people and follow me."