[Fumikage Tokoyami x Reader] Not Useless

Quirk : Ghost : Can transform in ghost and Transparent form, possess humans.

You sighed as you looked down at your hands as you sat down on your bed side, feeling like you were a monster from your Quirk. Everyone has their insecurities in your class and you had a huge one at that. Your Quirk was called ghost, you could possess people and turn some what invisible and could go through walls, people, any thing really. You were a monster and felt useless at that, all you had was stealth and had little combat training. You clenched your hand in to a fist and jumped as you heard someone knock on your door. 

"Y/n come on dinner is about ready, you already skipped yesterday's from extra training. Hurry now" You could hear Mina say outside your door. You let out a sigh, it wasn't entirely training you just didn't feel like eating. You grabbed your training jacket and stuck it over your tank top that fitted your figure nice. You needed a little bit of dinner and then you would probably go outside and chill out in the dark like you usually do to calm your self after a tough day.

As you walked down in to the dining room everyone smiled and waved at you...well everyone but Bakugou. You were still getting used to him but he less mean at least to you and especially Deku. You waved and sat down, realizing someone was staring at you. Tokoyami, the one you admire. After seeing his room a few days ago you realized you were some what the same to be fair. Yes you had your goth moments and your room wasn't that bright like a girly girl was supposed to have. But you had something in common with him out of all of these people. You acted some what the same in moments. You didn't really give away that you knew he was looking at you but you knew he was staring at you for a while.

"So I was thinking that since we have a day off tomorrow we could go shopping" Hagakure said as she held her fork, and from what you could see it was floating in the air. You smiled and tuned out of the conversation after that. You still heard what they were saying sort of but didn't care to much. You just went with what they said and evidently you were going shopping tomorrow. You sighed and messed with your fork along the plate. You only took a small bit a food so you were already done but soon they were as well. 

You stood up as soon as possible and took your dishes to the sink before making your way outside. The fresh air made you smile as you sat down on one of the benches on the patio. You looked down at your hands once more and turned them transparent with a frown.

"stupid quirk...how did I even get in to this school in the first place" You muttered under your breath as you switched them back as soon as possible. Shutting your eyes tight and stared in to darkness.

"Hi Y/n" You yelled and fell off of the bench, your whole body turned transparent as you covered your face. Only to find that it was only Dark Shadow coming from around the corner. You groaned and turned yourself back, glancing up to find Tokoyami holding his hand out for you to grab. You smiled anxiously and took his hand. He pulled you up with ease.

"So sorry Y/n"

"It's fine dark shadow, you just scared me a bit" you said as you ran a hand through your hair. Tokoyami looked away from you as Dark Shadow brushed up against you. He seemed to have a blush on his face but in the dark you weren't really sure.

"I understand why you like it out here so much...peaceful" Tokoyami said as he took a spot next to you after you sat back down. you smiled slightly, just his presence made you happier out here. You sat in silence, only having Dark Shadow talk in the mean time. He really had gotten control over him after that night you battled against the League of Villans. Probably out of guilt maybe for accidentally hurting Shoji since he couldn't control it then.

"What do you think the future will be like Toko?"

"Do you mean if we will make it as hero's?"

"Yeah"

"I have a good feeling about everyone and their powers, we will grow in different ways and some have good ideas about their future and have set goals already for themselves. I feel like if we try hard enough we will succeed" Tokoyami said as he clenched his fists. He was getting in to his moment where he was deathly serious again. You always found it extremely cute though when he was having a serious moment. You sighed and glanced up in to the night sky with a slight smirk on your face. He is right you'll give him that, you just didn't think so highly of yourself.

"I agree, everyone has good potential of being a hero" you said as you rested your arms on your knees. Looking down at your slip on's you were wearing.

"There is something wrong"

"What is it?"

"You don't think that highly of yourself to become a hero do you?" Tokoyami asked as he turned his head over to the side slowly. Acknowledging your pain and frustration with yourself. You looked away in embarrassment, messing with the sleeve of your shirt slightly. It was true yes but you didn't want him to know that.

"Why do you think of your self that way Y/n. You have great potential as well just like everyone else here"

"Tokoyami all I have is stealth, I have no strength besides possessing people and using their bodies and even some of their quirks. Maybe my mom was right, I should have stayed home and wasn't meant for this place....I'm basically useless" you sighed as you looked away in fear. You felt useless like you had said earlier and you wished someone would just agree with you and let it go. But as soon as you said that you felt hands hold yours along with the touch of Dark Shadow by your side. You kept r head low as he held your hands in his warm grasp.

"Don't say that because you aren't...everyone has something special with their Quirk. They just need to find it first. To me you are amazing and your Quirk is too, being able to control people and Quirk's as well as turn turning transparent. You are amazing...have you seen yourself during training I would even say you could put some damage on Bakugou. But you need to try and stay determined, things will be easier if you just belief in yourself and your progress. You can do great things and I love you for that" Tokoyami replied, basically spilling every thing that was on his mind on to you. Your face was red as his words ran through out you mind. Maybe this was a wake up call for you to realize something about yourself.

He looked away and Dark Shadow dispersed back in to him. He held your hands tighter and used one of them to lift up your chin.

"Your one of the people I look up to here you hear me. You are strong and clever and deserve the chance to be a hero after all of this hard work you have done. You can't give up...I am and will be right here with you along the way. I don't want you thinking this way any more" He said as he stared deeply in to your (E/C) orbs. He was deathly serious, more than usual. you just wanted to tear up and cry after hearing that. It scared you but you needed to hear it after all this time. you felt your arms turn transparent and your legs. It happened when you were scared and needed to think. But as soon as you noticed it you snapped out of it immediately. He was right

"Thank you...Tokoyami..I really needed to hear that from someone after all this time. I want to change especially my confidence...I feel like your help would be amazing right now. You made me realize something I could have never seen in my mind state. I thank you very much" you replied as a smile formed on to your face. He smiled brightly at you and looked down at our hands, his face was going red again.

"I will be with you every step of the way Y/n" He muttered as he leaned in slowly. you blushed and knew what he was doing, you have wanted to for a while now and this was happening. you leaned in to and just as you thought your dream was going to happen we heard the back door.

"Y/n...Tokoyami curfew is in a couple of minutes. Would be wise to head up to your rooms soon so that way you won't get in trouble" Iida said as he quickly left. you chuckled slightly and smiled at Tokoyami before standing up from the bench quickly. As you were walking away an arm was thrown at the door. Dark shadow...you were pinned. Even though you were the same height he still had more strength over you. He smiled slightly before leaning in. your lips touched his beak and it felt magical, like it was meant to be.

 After a while you heard Iida yelling for you again and since he scared me you turned transparent and made Tokoyami fall in to the wall. you giggled and turned normal again as you headed inside. Only to have him trip over his own feet to follow you close behind. you smiled widely...thinking of what the future would hold for yourself...for you with this new mind set of yours. Hopefully things would seem better in your eyes, you feel like you could get better especially with his help and him being by your side.