[Fumikage Tokoyami x Reader] Fear

You felt as if your body couldn't move from it's position, the room was pitch black with no light around you. As soon as you felt you were going to be stuck in the dark forever a small light switched on over your head. You were tied to a chair, no way out from the restraints. Then you realized that this scene was actually familiar to you. It was one of the worst moments of your childhood and bed part was your father got away with it. Saying to the police that a villain captured you to cover up what he really did.

Tears started to fall from your cheeks as you felt a cold blade on your neck from behind you. You bit your bottom lip to the point where it could draw blood from how much you were biting down. The blade trailed from your neck down your chest and over to your right arm. Slicing the skin on your upper arm.

"You know daddy wouldn't go for the neck first darling.....I want you to suffer a little first" He whispered in your ear slightly as he continued to cut at your skin. Tears were streaming down your cheeks as you sat there in pain. Thinking of some way to get out, you know calling for help wasn't an answer at all. He switched to the other arm after a while though. Licking the blade as the blood fell from the tip.

"I'm going to frame this, to get away with it you know"

"You're fucking sick you bastard"

"Shut your mouth you fucking bitch god you're just like your mother, YOU ARE WHY SHE LEFT!" He yelled as he took the knife from your arm and stabbed you in the upper stomach with quick movement. You screamed out in pain and looked down to find your shirt covered in blood.

"She left because you are abusive and she couldn't take it anymore"

"Then why did she leave you with me....because she never loved you, she thought you were a waste of time and space. She left you because she thought you would distract me from finding her and she was right. You were bait my dear ungrateful daughter"  You started to sob, it wasn't true was all you could tell yourself. Your father was a untruthful bastard and only said these things to get in your head.

"That still doesn't change the fact that you are so unstable you are making this seem like a villain attacked so you could get some money" He grabbed your jaw with force, you could feel his hot breath on your face. As you were about ready to say something more to make him mad you felt a sharp pain in your chest. The knife was put right to your heart.

"I'm glad you're dead"

You woke up, sweat rolling off of you. Your breath was un-even as you were having a mini panic attack from what just happened in your dream. You covered your face with your hands as you sobbed quietly in your dark room.

"Why did he have to do that to me?" You muttered and looked at the scar on your arm in the darkness of your room. There were many areas of your skin you never liked to look at because of him. He ruined you in many ways that you wished to not think about but with these nightmares you couldn't fully forget like you wanted to. After a while you wiped your tears and stood up from your bed. Not even caring about your phone or the way you looked.

Your foot steps echoed in the quiet hallway as you shut your door. You knew exactly where you were going to go because he told you that you could come any time in to his dorm if you have a nightmare. You never really understood Tokoyami when he told you that. One day he hears you crying in your room and the next moment he stayed with you through the whole night to calm you down. You have always said that you owe him for that night but he never said you did.

"Hopefully  I don't bug him, it is kind of late isn't it" You whispered to yourself as you walked slowly down the hallway because of the creaky floor. 

Now you were right in front of his door, clutching his handle to his door. You weren't sure if you should go though with this or not. You were scared of bothering him since it was kind of late. You sighed and backed up from the door just to think for a second. As you were about to walk back to your room his door opened. He rubbed his eye lazily like he had just woke up, was this your fault?

"Oh morning Y/n I.....what's wrong? Did you have another nightmare?" He asked as he cupped your cheeks, realizing that you were crying. He sighed and pulled you in to a hug, you couldn't help yourself after that. You cried in to his chest as you stood there by his door. 

"It h-happened again Toko" You tried to hold back your tears as he held you in his grasp. You felt him pick you up, your legs wrapped his waist as he carried you into his room. Evidently he was going to go downstairs to the kitchen or something since you didn't even attempt to wake him up.

He laid you down on his bed and got in behind you, he knew you were uneasy from what ever happened. You still haven't even fixed your breathing. He wrapped his arm around your waist and spooned you from behind.

"What was the nightmare about then?" He asked, his voice soft and quiet as he rested his head behind your neck. You felt tears go down your cheeks again, he knew that there was something really wrong since you didn't answer him straight away.

"i-it was about m-my father again Toko....around t-two years back he lied to the police and s-said a villain attacked me but it was really h-him" You cried as you shifted your positions and cried in to his chest. He rubbed your back softly to calm you down since you couldn't breath from how much you had been crying.

"It's okay now Y/n, I'm right here, that dream wasn't real okay it happened a long time ago. I'm here for you and will protect you against that bastard if he ever touches you again okay" Tokoyami said with a stern voice as his grip got tighter around you. He pecked your forehead and ran his hand through you hair. He calmed you down with ease, it amazed you really that your worries could just go away quickly from him. He noticed that you started to stop crying and just laid in his arms tired from what had happened. You could hear him chuckle as you shut your eyes.

"Thank you Fumikage.....you really help a lot when it comes to these things" You felt him peck your forehead again in the moment.

"Glad I can help you through these...come on let's get some sleep. We have a rough day a head of us tomorrow" He whispered as he shut his eyes. The ends of your lips curled in to a smile as you started to hear his soft snores. He really did care for you and all the times he has helped you out with your fears you couldn't thank him enough. But you also think that you are helping him some as well. Giving him the option of having a close friend. You just knew that you could never lose him and were afraid to but knowing him he wouldn't leave you any time soon, because he was loyal and actually cared.