1.

Happy Dhanteras everyone!!❤️
**************************************
Kushagra's POV

I enter my office building and everyone stop for a moment and I hear a chorus of 'Good Mornings'. I simply nod my head with a small smile and they get back to their works.

I enter the private lift which is only for the special clients or my family.

I enter my cabin which is on the 10th floor and slump down on my chair and sigh.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Kushagra Gupta. Son of the multimillionaire Mr. Namish Gupta. My father worked really hard to make this company and it had been almost 6 years since i took over.

Since i was already very well acquainted with the working of the business it didn't take me much time to adjust. 

It makes me happy to see my father being proud that i am able to take his business to new heights. The smile and the pride on his face makes my heart swell up with happiness.

My smile slowly disappear as my eyes fell on my wedding ring.

The dreadful night and its memories comes rushing to me and I close my eyes.

'No! Don't go there Kushagra! She is gone and she is never coming back. Just focus on what you have.'

I explain myself and start doing my work with very difficulty. 

As easy as it sounds, it is very difficult to forget something and someone and move on in your life. Without them.

It had been almost an year since that incident. Since I lost her.

My relatives have started nudging me to get married again but i just can't let her go. Not so easily. Not before trying once again.

Amaira's POV

I come back from work feeling dead tired. The day was actually very exhausting. Back to back assignments and dealines. But phew! I am free for some time now. No hectic work.

I enter my room and slump down on the bed cuddling into my pillow and close my eyes letting my tiredness take over.

I woke up feeling some tremors and realise that it was my four year old nephew trying to wake me up.

I smile and pull him into my arms cuddling him too and he giggled.

"Bua utho. Abhi toh khaane ka time hai. Abhi sote nhi hai."

(Bua wake up. Its dinner time. We don't sleep right now.)

He said giggling as if it was the most obvious thing. Ruhan is my elder brother's son.

My elder brother, Rohit and my bhabhi, Anahita had a love marriage almost 6 years back. The two were college sweethearts.

They are literally the most love sick couple I have ever seen. I adore their relationship a lot.

I just wish I too get something like they have.

Thinking about it my heart skipped a beat unknowingly.

I shake my head and went to freshen up.

I go out after freshening up and have dinner with my family.

Oh! I didn't introduce myself.

Well, my name is Amaira Garg and I am a Senior Programme Developer in a leading MNC.

My father Mr. Aneesh Garg is a reputed and successful businessman. My mother is a dentist and runs her own clinic. 

They are a very sweet couple.

Having so many servants in the house, papa still asks mumma to make his tea. And even though she can easily open the tea container she still comes to him and asks him to open it.

When I asked them about it why they did this, their reply left me in awe.

"Simple! We just want each other to know that we still have a right on each other and can ask each other for whatever we want."

 They had told me and I just prayed to God to keep their relationship like this forever.

After dinner, Ruhan asks me to go to the nearby park with him. 

'Mumma papa jaa toh rhe hai. Phir mujhe kyu le jaana hai."

(Mumma papa are going right. Why do you want to take me.)

"Mera ek new friend bana hai. Aapko usse milwana hai. Chalo na."

(I made a new friend. I want you to meet him. Come.)

I smiled and ruffled his hair and we went to the park.

The park was at a little distance so bhaiya was driving while bhabhi sat in the passenger seat.

Me and Ruhan were sitting on the backseat playing Candy Crush on my phone.

We reached the park and were walking to where his friends were playing football.

Suddenly I saw the ball come towards me with great speed.

I closed my eyes shut waiting for the ball to hit me but it misses and goes straight past me.

It was then I notice my hand that was covering my stomach protectively.

This had been happening since the past one year. Whenever I feel any danger near me my hand automatically goes to my stomach.

I asked my family if something happened with me but they never replied and just said that I would remember everything gradually.

I met with a dreadful accident almost an year ago.

I was in a coma for a week and when I woke up I found out that I had lost the memories of the past one year.

One whole year of my life was erased from my memory.

And it feels like a part of me is missing now. Every night it feels like I miss something or someone but don't know who.

My family doesn't tell me fearing that something might happen to me.

I understand their concern for me but it just frustrated me sometimes.

My thoughts were broken by a hand waving in front of my eyes.

It was my neighbour who had shifted around a month ago. We meet in the same park some time ago when I came here with Ruhan.

His name is Naman and he is a sweet man. He is in his late twenties and is still single and unmarried. 

Sometimes I feel like he tries to get overfriendly and flirty but I think that it is his nature.

"Hello mam. Kaha gayab ho?"

(Where are you lost?)

He askes me with a smile and I shake my head.

I started walking and he walks beside me.

"I like this area. It is so calm and relaxing at night."

He said trying to break the silence. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my head.

"I like this place. So calm and relaxing. I can stay here forever. With you."

I clutch my head tightly. The voice I heard. It was a man. I don't know who. It was just a voice. No face. No identity. Just a voice.
**************************************
Ok. I hope i did not disappoint you people.

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏

Laters!!😘❤