5.

Drishti's POV

It has been a month since that incident and me and Rakshit have become quiet close. Although at times, I feel that he is stopping himself and something is bothering him.

I know what I feel for him. I have fallen in love with my irritating neighbour who is not so irritating anymore. He actually is a very sweet and caring man. Only I realised a little late.

His eyes speak a lot of things. It seems like he is carrying so many things inside of him. I want him to share it with me but I know I don't have any right to.

Today, I have an off so I am sitting in my apartment lazing around when I hear the doorbell.

I get up lazily and saunter towards the door. Rakshit was standing there with his phone to his ear.

"See! My friend is here."

He then put his phone aside and whispered.

"Pretend that you have come to visit me."

I looked at him confused. He put the phone back to his ear again and motioned me to continue.

"Umm-Hii Rakshit! How are you?"

I started in and excited voice and looked at him to seek aprroval. He nodded and actioned me to go on.

"Umm-Long time haa!"

He nodded and said.

"Papa! Abhi mere aur bhi friends aane wale hai. I can't come today. I am sorry I need to go. Bye!"

(My other friends are about to arrive.)

He disconnected the call and sighed in relief.

He then looked at me and smiled gratefully.

"Thank you."

I folded my arms in front of my chest and looked at him.

"Explain!"

"What!?"

"Ye sab? Kya tha?"

(All this? What was it?)

He looked away and mumbled.

"Kuch nhi. Mera mann nhi tha jaane ka. I will leave now."

(Nothing. I didn't want to go.)

He literally ran back to his apartment. I ran behind him and stopped him from closing the door.

"Answer me Rakshit! Mai jaanti hu kuch toh baat hai. Jab bhi ghar ki baat hoti hai ya family ki baat hoti hai you freeze. Tumhe nightmares aate hai. You shout for help. You shout your mother's name."

(I know there is something. Whenever we talk about home or family you freeze. You get nightmares.)

My voice became soft at the end because I could see pain in his eyes. His pain pained me.

"Har bacha apni maa ko bulata hai when they need help."

(Every kid remembers their mother when they need help.)

He mumbled and tried to close the door.

"Tum unse help nhi maang rhe the. Unse bachne ke liye help maang rhe the."

(You were not asking for her help. You were asking for help from her.)

He looked at me shocked. His expressions hardened and he quickly said.

"Its my life. None of your business. You are no one ki mai tumhe iss baare mai kuch bhi batau."

(You are no one that I tell you about this.)