6.

For all my dear readers. Enjoy!!❤️
**************************************
Rishabh's POV

It has been a month since I returned from New York and since our confrontation that night.

Sneha did not talk to me for two days after that night. I tried to talk to her but she found one or the other excuse and avoided me.

Finally after two days she came to me and said that she needed some time to clear out her mind.

"I know that aap mujhe apni wife accept nhi karenge. And its fine. Lekin hum friends toh ban skte hai na."

(You can't accept me as your wife. But we could be friends right.)

She had said smiling but her eyes reflected pain which she tried to hide.

And since that we are friends. She is behaving just like a friend would. Affectionate yet distant.

At times she would demand things like a typical wife would but then she would apologize and go back to her distant self.

It had started irritate me now because I love how she asserts her rights on me. I want her to do that. I want her to behave like my wife.

But I was the one who ruined it. I was the one who hurt her. She is protecting her heart now.

Argh! Why am I behaving this ways? Am I starting to fall for her? 

No! That can't be possible right? She is not my type. 

'What is your type then?'

Umm-bold and modern?

'Is she not bold? She expresses her feelings without any hesitation. And what is the definition of modern? Being shameless? No. It means changing with changing times. I think she is modern enough.'

I-i don't know.

'Accept it my friend. You are falling in love with your wife. And there is nothing wrong.'

I broke out of my thoughts hearing her come out of the walk-in-closet.

She was wearing a beautiful evening gown.

She settled down in front of the mirror and started getting ready.

We are going to an event today. Her company is launching a new magazine and she being the chief editor has to deliver a speech.

She has been rehearsing since the past week and is still very nervous.

She got ready and stood in front of me.

"Sahi lag rhi hu na?"

(Am I looking fine?)

She asked uncertainly.

"You look beautiful."

I say genuinely. She looks at me and smiles slightly. She is mumbling her speech continuously.

Sneha's POV

I hope the event goes well and I don't mess up.

We go down and I see dadi and mummyji sitting in the living room.

They both look at me with a smile.

I take their blessings and dadi whispers in my ear.

"Bhut hot lag rhi hai."

(You look hot.)

I look at her wide eyed.

"Dadi?"

"Kya? Tumhe kya laga tumhari dadi purane zamane ki hai."

(What? What did you think your dadi is of old thoughts.)