7.

Anahita's POV

It had been two months since our marriage and no, we haven't consummated our marriage yet.

I was not mentally prepared for that intimacy yet, but now I think that I am ready and want him.

He has a night duty today, so he will be back at 5am.

I had put alarm and now I am waiting for him.

A few minutes later, the door of our room opens and he enters in looking really tired.

He smiled and me and kissed me forehead mumbling.

"I'll take a quick shower."

I nod and set out his night clothes.

After the shower, he lays his head on my chest and closes his eyes snuggling like a baby.

I move my fingers in his hair and he falls asleep almost immediately.

I keep looking at him with a smile. I love this man so much.

I didn't even realise when I slept while admiring my husband.

I woke up at 9 too see Abhiraj still sleeping in the same position with his head on my chest.

I carefully lay him on the pillow.

He groans but sleeps again. I kiss his forehead and get ready for the day quickly.

I help mummy make breakfast and then quickly leave for hospital.

I reach the hospital and was informed that there is going to be an important surgery that I have to assist.

I was asked to get the patient ready and I froze when I saw who the patient was.

It was a little kid of about 6 years.

He had a rare heart disease. He had a rare type of heart infection. 

His parents were sitting with dried tears.

I read his report. His condition was critical and there were only 7% chances of him surviving the surgery.

I tried to blink my tears away and asked the nurse to get the boy ready for the surgery. I couldn't even gain the courage to look at the boy's parents because I couldn't lie to them that their son will be safe.

The surgery started and I was assisting Dr. Parv and another senior doctor.

They were peforming the surgery when suddenly the doctor on the monitor shouted.

"His blood pressure is dropping."

I looked at the monitor and then at the boy and then the doctors.

They were trying everything to stabilize him but I froze when we heard the loud beep noise.

I didn't dare look at anyone, not the doctors, not the monitor and not the boy. I just looked ahead trying to get my head in the right place.

Abhiraj's POV

I woke up at 2 pm. I was having my lunch when I received call from an unknown number.

"Hello."

"Umm-hello Dr. Abhiraj?"

"Yes."

"Dr. Parv this side. Can you come and pick Dr. Anahita up?"

I sat upright and asked.

"Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

"Aap please yaha aaiye I'll tell you."