1.

Vaishnavi's POV

I wake up panting heavily and sweating profusely. I pour water in glass with shaking hands and gulp it down in a go.

Again the same dream! When will I stop seeing this dream? 

You must be thinking why am I so shaken up because of a dream. It is because it is not just a dream, it is the horrible past I have lived. 

I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

When will I forget these memories? Will they haunt me like this forever?

It had been two years since that incident happened. Although I pretend to be okay in front of my parents but deep down it is still killing me. 

I am still scared to go out anywhere alone. I still feel that those people are following me.

I know that I can't spend my life fearing from my past but sometimes there are somethings that leave a deep scar on your life and minds.

The incident is that scar. I lost my best friend, my Shreya to it.

I close my eyes and a few tears fall from my eyes.

Why did it have to happen to us? To her?

I wish I could have done something to save her.

'Its not your fault!'

I know. But I can't help it. I am alive while she is not. She took my death. It should have been me instead of her. Only if I had not reacted impulsively.

I wipe my tears hearing a knock on the door.

Papa peeks in and smiles seeing me awake.

"Mai tumhe uthane hi aa rha tha. Come. Walk pr jaane ke time hai."

(I was coming to wake you only. Its time for a walk.)

I smile and nod. I move to the bathroom and he goes out.

I stand under the warm shower and let the water take away those memories for the time being.

Wearing my jogging clothes I move out.

I greet papa and we go to the park for our morning walk.

After our walk we sit on the bench and drink water.

"Aaj phir wahi sapna aaya?"

(Saw that dream again?)

He asks me and I sigh. I nod and he wraps his arm around me and a few tears leak my eyes.

"I miss her papa. Sab kuch meri wajah se-"

(It was all because of me-)

"Shh! You could not have done anything. Those people were too strong. Shreya ke mummy papa bhi tujhe blame nhi krte then why do you keep punishing yourself?"

(Shreya's parents also don't blame you.)

"Kyunki wo waha nhi the papa. I was. She died my death. Agar mai chup rehti toh wo log usse nhi le kar jaate aur-aur wo shayad aaj zinda hoti."

(Because they weren't there. If I would have kept quiet they wouldn't have taken her and-and she would have been alive.)

He hugs me tightly as I cry. Whatever they say I can never forgive myself.

Akshat's POV

I sign the commando behind me to take move. He nods and enters the building.

"Commander we are waiting for your instructions."