3.

Raunak's POV

Today I am finally going to see her. Abhishree! God! Her name itself had gotten me smitten. What will happen when I see her in reality.

I along with mumma and papa are driving to her home.

I park the car and we get out.

We ring the doorbell and a woman of around my mother's age opens the door. She greets up with a smile and welcomes us in.

Mumma addresses her as bhabhiji so I assume that she is Abhishree's mother and my potential would be mother-in-law.

I greet her in a namaste and then bend down to touch her feet.

I greet her father also.

We all then sit down on the sofa. Aunty brings water and then refreshment drinks. Mumma asks her to sit down with us and she did so smiling.

I was looking around observing the surrounding.

The house was simple yet very beautiful.

We then engrossed in our discussions. Uncle asked about me and my work and we began discussing about my work.

"Ab hum toh apas mai pehle bhi mil chuke hai. Aap log Abhishree ko bula dete toh dono bache bhi mil lete."

(We have already met. If you call Abhishree both the kids can meet too.)

Mumma intervened at the end when she felt that out discussion would never end.

Uncle and aunty smiled and aunty got up and went to a room, Abhishree's.

Abhishree's POV

I was sitting in my room wearing a simple suit with a heavy dupatta. This is the second time I am wearing traditional. It might be a shock but I never wear traditional.

I just wore it once in a distant relatives wedding that too on mumma's continuous insistence and God! It was so uncomfortable.

Everyone was looking at me and I felt like I was on a display for them. All the relatives asked about my marriage. They would be so happy today.

I was lost in my thoughts when mumma entered the room. 

She looked at me and caressed my face. She put kala teeka behind my ear and said.

"Kitni sundar lag rhi hai. Aaj lag rha hai ki maine beti paida ki thi aur beta nhi."

(You look so beautiful. Today it seems like I gave birth to a daughter and not a son.)

She joked. I tried smiling. She cupped my face and said.

"Wo log aa gaye. Bahar chale?"

(They are here. Shall we go out?)

I took a deep breath and nodded.

She held my hand and we moved out. I was looking down all the while. 

Mumma had specifically told me not to look directly into anyone's eyes because it gives a sense of rudeness and intimidation. Also, I had to look shy and happy.

I sat between my parents and continued to look down. Then my would be mother-in-law asked me about my likes and interests.

I looked a little up. Not directly into her eyes but her face and politely answered her question.

Some more questions were asked from both the sides and his mother finally said.

"I think ab bachon ko thoda akele mai baat krne dete hai. Agar aaplogo ko koi problem na ho toh?"