7.

Naina's POV

The month had passed quicker than I imagined. Tomorrow my baby is going to be one year old.

He looks so big already. Why is he growing so fast.

I didn't even realise I had tears in my eyes until Karan wiped one away.

"Why is he growing up so fast?"

I asked with a heavy voice and he hugged me tightly.

"Children do grow up fast Naina. Hum ye nhi rok skte. All we can do is to spend every moment we can with them."

(We can't stop this.)

He kissed my head and we stayed in that embrace for some time.

From the past month Karan had been getting very touchy. Not in a bad way. But small innocent touches.

Sometimes he would kiss my forehead randomly. Sometimes even cheeks. He would hug me randomly and then not leave me for a long time. The way he looks at me has also changed.

His each and every move leaves me flustered. I want to tell him about my feelings but I am scared.

What if he still needs more time? What if he is not yet ready for love?

This is the thing stopping me from confessing my feelings and then kissing him hard.

He broke the hug and cupped my face. He then kissed my cheeks softly.

God! This man is going to kill me from his actions one day.

I am damn sure that I was completely red right now because of the way he was smirking.

Everyone today is busy packing the gifts.

Ansh has already taken out one of each the gifts for himself. The gifts came a week ago and the soft toy's ear is already pulled out and the colouring kit is in such a bad condition.

Mummyji told me how Karan used to do the same when he was a kid. Why are boys so ruthless with their toys. I think I can never understand.

The next day everyone was roaming around getting the work done. I bathed Ansh and took him out on the bed.

Karan got him dressed and then we sat on either side of him.

"Happy Birthday my baby!"

We cooed at the same time and Ansh giggled and clapped.

I moved forward to kiss his cheek and at the same time Karan did but Ansh slumped back on the bed and our lips touched instead.

We were shocked for a few seconds and did not move. I moved back realising what was happening and I saw that naughty brat clapping his hands in excitement.

Karan cleared his throat and got up. He went out but I could swear I saw that smirk on his face.

Argh!! How am I going to face him after this. I glared at Ansh who only laughed louder.

Karan's POV

The kiss was unexpected but the moment her soft lips touched my hard ones. I wanted to pull her into my arms and kiss her senseless all day.

I love you Ansh. You truly are my best buddy.

The whole evening I was roaming with a goofy smile on my face and Naina had a constant blush on he face which I was sure was not because of makeup.

I am happy that kiss affected her as much as it affected me. That means she too feels something for me right?

Tonight I am going to confess my feelings to her. How? I don't know. I haven't planned anything.

I was standing with my cousins near the drinks counter when I heard one of the distant relatives talking among themselves.

"Haan wahi toh. Hai toh aakhir dusre mard ka bacha. Karan ka thodi. Maine suna talak dia tha uske pati ne. Pta nhi kya kaaran raha hoga. Maine toh bola tha bhabhi se ki talakshuda se kyu krwa rhe ho shadi. Agar pehle pati ne chhod dia toh koi kaaran toh hoga na. Lekin bhabhi ne baat hi nhi maani. Dekho zara kaise maharani ki tarah ghum rhi hai."

(Yes. He is afterall another man's child. Not Karan's. I heard her husband divorced her. God knows what the reason was. I told bhabhi not to marry with a divorcee. If first husband left her something must be the reason right. But bhabhi didn't listen. Look how she is roaming around like queen.)

It was no great deal to understand who was talking about. I clenched my fists in anger.

"Kya pata kisi ke saath chakkar rha ho isliye pehle pati ne chhod dia. Aisi ladkiya badi characterless hoti hai. Tabhi na zara der nhi lagai Karan se shaadi krne mai."

(Who knows maybe she had an affair with someone. Such girls are really characterless. See she didn't take much time to get married to Karan.)

My eyes fell on Naina who now had tears in her eyes. That's it. I marched towards the woman who was practically shouting this to everyone.

"Aap mujhse badi hai or ek aurat hai isliye haath nhi utha skta nhi toh ab tak aap aapna khudka huliya tak bhul gyi hoti."

(You are elder and a woman that's why I couldn't hit you otherwise you would have forgotten your own face by now.)

I said with immense anger but somehow controlled myself not to hit this woman's head on the wall. She made my wife cry. She spoke ill about my wife and son.

"Aree Karan beta-"

"Meri biwi aur bete ke baare mai bolne se pehle sau baar sochna chahiye tha. I am very possessive about my family and the people I love. Mai aapko jaanta tak nhi aur aapki wajah se meri biwi ke aankhon mai aansu hai. Honestly, I don't care what you or anyone here thinks. Kyunki sach aapme se koi nhi jaanta. Aur Naina ne mujhse shaadi ki jaldi nhi ki thi. It was me. Mai usse shaadi krna chahta tha because I knew Naina jaisi pure and innocent ladki mujhe kahi nhi milegi. Toh dobara mere bete ya biwi ke baare mai bolne se pehle soch lena ki Karan kya karega."

(You should have thought thousand times before speaking about my son and wife. I don't even know you and my wife cried because of you. Because no one knows the truth here. And Naina wasn't the one eager to marry me. I wanted to marry her because I knew I would never get someone so pure and innocent like her. So before speaking something else about my wife or son think what Karan would do.)

I said and marched inside the house in anger. I heard Naina calling after me. I stopped but didn't turn.

"Karan! Aapko ye sab nhi krna chahiye tha. Wo aapki relative hai-"

(You should not have done that. She is your relative-)

"I don't even know who that woman is. Mumma ki relative hai wo. And I don't care neither does mumma. Agar mere family ke baare mai bakwaas kregi toh mai chup nhi rahunga. I won't tolerate a word against anyone I love."

(She is mumma's relative. If she speaks ill about my family I won't remain quiet.)

I said and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"You love me?"

I heard her whisper.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️