4.

Akshat's POV

A month. A month since I met the girl I lost my heart too. A month since our marriage has been finalised and a month since she is my fiancee.

Seems unbelievable to me till date. But its true.

Our marriage is only 40 days from now. I have invited all my fellow officers. Naman has been teasing me continuously. Whenever we would talk he would not greet me, he would sing 'Teri rab ne bana di jodi'.

Yeah! He is crazy!

Anyway, talking about Vaishnavi. *Dreamy sigh*. I love her so much. We share a sweet relationship. I know that she knows about my job because maybe she recognised me. But I can't tell her clearly as you know duty demands.

She loves to tease me and have fun at my expense. I have sometimes caught her staring at me and everytime I did she had blushed profusely and looked away.

And God! That blush! 

I came out of my Vaishnavi land hearing the bell ring.

Mumma just went to temple? Itni jaldi kaise aa gyi aaj? Har baar to do ghante lagte hai unhe.

I think and walk towards the door.

I open the door and she my beautiful fiancee standing there with a smile.

I smile widely at her and she gives me a small smile.

She then tosses me aside and enters in. She looks around and then turns to me.

"Mummy kaha hai?"

(Where is mummy?)

She is asking about mumma.

"Mandir."

(Temple.)

She made an 'o' face and I asked.

"Tum unse milne aayi thi?"

(You came to meet her?)

I thought she came for me.

She nods and says keeping her bag on the sofa. 

"Kuch kaam tha."

(Had some work.)

"Jab tak wo nhi hai unke bete se kaam chala lo."

(Till the time she comes work with her son.)

I wink at her and she raises her eyebrows at looks at me from top to bottom.

She steps closer with that teasing smile.

"Waise unka beta bhi kuch khaas bura nhi hai. Kaam chalau."

(Her son is not that bad. Workable.)

I narrow my eyes at her and she purses her lips to control her laughter.

I pull her closer and hug her tightly.

She rounds her arms around my neck and chuckles.

I inhale her scent and we stay in that embrace until I hear her strained voice.

"Do saal pehle...I was kidnapped...by the human trafficking mafia."

(Two years back...)

I pull back and look at her. She has a pained look in her eyes.

I open my mouth to say that she doesn't need to but she keeps her hand over my mouth and says.

"Please let me!"

I just look into her eyes and hold her hand.

We sit on the sofa and she keeps her head on my shoulder and links her arm with mine. She closes her eyes and starts narrating what she experienced there.