6.

Naina's POV

It had been two months since that night when Karan told me everything and we basically had our first hug.

Surprisingly, the aftermath of that hug was pretty normal. Nothing awkward.

And since then we have gotten pretty close. Emotionally and mentally.

We are now planning for Ansh's first birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be one.

It seemed like just yesterday when he was born. The first time I held him in my arms. The first time he looked at me with those big curious eyes.

We were planning to throw a party inviting all our relatives and and friends.

Karan was in office and Ansh was sleeping so I decided to do some shopping for his birthday.

I was thinking of return gifts for kids.

I entered a mall and was looking around for what I can get when I saw the person I had least expected to see here.

There he was. My ex-husband. Akash Sinha. Standing with his arm around a heavily pregnant lady. The two looked happy. Unlike how we were.

I was surprised because seeing him here I felt nothing except for shock. No pain in heart, no uneasiness. Instead, I smiled seeing them happy.

I was looking around for some soft toys when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Naina. Kaha pe ho tum?"

(Where are you?)

"Mai Pacific Mall aayi hun. Kuch dekh rhi thi return gifts ke liye."

(I am at Pacific Mall. Was looking for return gifts.)

"Cool. Stay there. Mai bhi aa rha hu."

(I am also coming.)

Karan said and disconnected the call. In another half an hour he was here and I told him the shop I was in.

I showed him the things I liked and we decided on cute stuff toys for toddlers and colouring kits for older kids.

We then went to look for clothes for Ansh. I was looking at a cute green jumper when I heard someone calling me.

"Naina?"

I turned around and saw Akash coming towards me with his new wife. I looked at Karan who frowned.

"Hey! Long time."

He said nervously and I just smiled not knowing what to reply. His wife nudged him and he spoke further.

"Umm-I am sorry about how the things ended. I should have told you pehle hi. Honestly, I tried. Bhut koshish ki to love you and accept you because of my family but I just couldn't do it. I am sorry."

I felt Karan's hold tigthen on me as he realised who Akash was.

"Its ok. I have moved on Akash. That was past and this is my present. Ek tarah se I am thankful to you. Agar hum alag na hote toh mujhe Karan kabhi nhi milte."

(If we had not separated I would never have got Karan.)

I said looking at Karan and he smiled warmly at me.

Karan's POV

We went home after that accidental encounter with Naina's ex-husband. I am happy that everything is sort now.

Truth is I felt really happy when Naina said all that about me. The look in her eyes made me feel special.

I think she is slowly making space in my heart. I will always be Anaya's Ran. But now I want to be Naina's Karan too.

I smiled looking at her. She looked so beautiful with that soft smile while looking at our son. The happiness and the glint in her eyes makes me want to do anything in my hand to keep that smile on her face always.

As usual in evening we returned to our room and bathed Ansh. I took him to get dressed while Naina cleaned the mess.

But today he did not sleep immediately. He started crying and getting cranky. I tried to rock him in my arms but he did not stop.

Naina came out of the bathroom and saw him crying.

"Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

"I don't know. Aaj chup hi nhi ho rha. Tabiyat bhi thik hai."

(He is being cranky today. He looks fine to me.)

"I think he is hungry. Aap ruko."

(You wait.)

She went to get his milk while I continued to rock him.

She came with his milk fifteen minutes later and I took him in a sleeping position. She gave him the bottle but he refused and started grabbing Naina.

Although he had started taking milk from bottle but some days he would demand Naina to feed him.

"Its ok. You feed him. Mai bahar wait kr lunga."

(I'll wait out.)

I said and gave Ansh to Naina and started going out but Ansh cried loudly calling my name.

"Papa!"

I turned and looked at him.

"Nhi jaao."

(Don't go.)

I looked at Naina and she nodded.

"Its ok. Nhi maanega ye."

(He won't listen.)

I sighed and took him in my arms while Naina sat on the bed covering herself with the shawl and then took Ansh.

He was still holding my finger tightly fearing that I would leave. I caressed his hand and he slowly slipped into slumber.

My eyes which were on Ansh's hand moved to Naina.

She had her eyes closed and was patting Ansh lightly.

The shawl fell from her shoulder and I looked away. I cleared my throat to gain her attention but seemed like she had already slept.

I looked at her face. She looked so tired. I had no heart to wake her but she had to.

Carefully covering her with the shawl again I woke her up.

"Naina!"

She looked at me groggily and I told her that Ansh had slept.

I looked away while she covered herself. She put Ansh in his cot and we laid down beside each other.

She was already very tired and slept within a few minutes. I continued to look at her.

When I was sure that she was in deep sleep I carefully pulled her closer to me and she snuggled into me like Ansh did.

I kissed her head and slept hugging her close to my heart. Unknown to me also she was capturing my heart.

The next morning when I woke up and saw our position. I realised one thing.

I am falling in love with my wife.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️