4.

Drishti's POV

I called my client and informed them that I will not be able to come because of an emergency.

I sighed and looked at Rakshit who was sleeping with a pained expression.

I felt his forehead. He was still burning.

I filled a bowl of water and poured ice in it.

I wet a cloth in that water and started putting it on his forehead.

After some time I took his temperature again.

100°. Getting better.

I had just sat on the couch and rested my head back when I heard his panicky whispers.

"No! Please! Stop! It hurts mumma! Please mat kro mumma! Mumma please! Please chhod do!"

(Please don't do it mumma! Please leave me!)

He was mumbling over and over. I ran to him and saw that he was shivering badly and sweating profusely.

Oh God! He is having a nightmare! I had read somewhere that you should not wake a person when he/she is having a nightmare.

So I do the only thing I feel is right at the moment.

I lay my head on his chest near his heart and slowly pat his stomach from one hand and caress his hair from another.

"Its ok. You are safe. You are fine. Relax. No one is going to harm you. You are safe."

I muttered over and over and slowly his heartbeat got back to normal.

I got up and looked at him. He was sleeping normally.

I continue to look at him.

What was he dreaming about? Why was he asking to be saved? From his mother?

I don't know what came over me but I leaned in and kissed his forehead softly.

When I realised what I had done, I ran to the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Kya ho gaya hai tujhe Drishti? Hosh mai aa. Oh God! Ye-ye kya kr rhi hai tu? No no no no. You can't develop feelings for him. *Gasp* I-I am developing feelings for him?"

(What has happened to you? Come back to your senses. What am I doing?)

I gulped and looked at my horror striken face. I wash my face, one, twice, thrice and go out wiping it.

I saw Rakshit sitting at the edge of the bed trying to wear his shoes.

"Hey! Kaha jaa rhe ho? Baitho yaha."

(Where are you going? Sit here.)

I made him sit and he looked at me confused.

"Tum yaha kya kar rhi ho?"

(What are you doing here?)

"Ye mera ghar hai."

(This is my home.)

"Toh mai yaha kya kar rha hu?"

(Then what am I doing here?)

"Tum mere upar behosh ho gye the. You were burning in fever."

(You fainted on me.)

I said and forwarded my hand to feel his forehead. He flinched so hard that I got scared.

"Hey! Relax! Mai kuch kr nhi rhi."

(I am not doing anything.)

I said and softly put my hand on his forehead.