3.

Abhiraj's POV

The moment my eyes fell on her I felt something strange.

To be honest she looked cute and beautiful in that suit. The slight smile on her face and the shyness in her eyes when I looked at her.

She respects her elders so much. Since yesterday, I have been trying to find flaws in her.

'She is beautiful.'

'She is not educated.'

I and my inner self are fighting over her.

'You don't even know whether or not she is educated.'

'Still. Not my type.'

'What's your type then?'

'Umm-my type is-yeah-umm-modern and independent. Someone who doesn't fear speaking for herself.'

'I like her still.'

Argh! You are not supposed to like her. You are supposed to be rude to her so that she says no.

'No! Don't be rude to her. She is so nice.'

Argh! Shut up! You are not helping.

I rake my fingers through my hair and go to the terrace.

But seems like luck wasn't in my favour because I saw her sitting at the swing under the shed.

She had her eyes closed and a soft smile on her lips.

My gaze involuntarily stuck on her. I didn't know for how long I stared at her.

She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes widened and she gasped loudly.

I looked away and scolded myself for staring at her.

"Umm-kuch chahiye tha aapko?"

(You wanted something?)

She asked with her eyes lowered and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Baat krni thi tumse."

(Wanted to talk to you.)

I said and she looked around. She then turned to me and said.

"Umm-neeche chale?"

(Shall we go down?)

I frowned and asked.

"Kyu? Yaha kya problem hai?"

(Why? What is the problem here?)

"Yaha koi bhi dekh skta hai."

(Anyone can see here.)

I snickered and asked.

"So what? Dekhne do."

(Let them.)

She looked at me and then spoke politely.

"Ye Delhi jaisi badi city nhi hai. Ek chhota sa gaao hai. Yaha baatein bante der nhi lagti. Mai nhi chahti koi bhi bina matlab koi baatein banaye. Aap please neeche chaliye agar aapko mujhse baat krni hai toh."

(This is not a big city like Delhi. A small village. Rumors spread fast here. I don't want unnecessary rumours. If you want to talk to me please come down.)

She said and started walking away.

I smiled mockingly.

Great! That's why I don't want to get married to someone from a village. Their thinking is still backward and orthodox.