2.

Naina's POV

I got ready in a simple crop top and long skirt. I loved wearing crop tops before my marriage but Akash didn't like it so I stopped after our marriage.

But now I can wear it without any problems.

I apply my favourite shade of nude lipstick and make my hair.

Ansh too is ready for the day. Yes I am taking him too. I can't say yes for the marriage unless I am sure that he is going to treat my son right.

I bid mumma papa a bye and sit in my car with Ansh in his baby seat.

He is really excited about going out and is looking at everything very curiously.

I reach the restaurant where we were going to meet.

I enter in and my eyes move all over the area for that familiar face.

I see him sitting in one of the corner seats looking outsides.

He seems lost in his own world.

Holding Ansh properly who was ready to jump out of my arms and touch everything here I move towards Karan.

I stood near the table and cleared my throat to gain his attention.

He looked at me and stood up in recognition. He smiled awkwardly and said.

"I am sorry I was just-thinking about something."

I shook my head and said.

"It's fine."

He smiled and looked at Ansh who too was looking at him with curiosity.

"And who is this little gentleman?"

He cooed at Ansh who squealed and flailed his legs in the air.

Ok. So far so good.

Ansh forwarded his arms for him to pick him.

Wow! That was quick!

Karan looks at me for approval and I nod and give Ansh to him.

He holds him very carefully and sits down placing him against his chest properly.

Hmmm...he knows how to hold babies. Good.

We sit down and the waiter asks for our order. After giving our order we sit in an awkward silence.

"So? How's everything?"

He broke the silence and I was thankful that he did because the tension was just too much to bear.

"Good. What about you?"

"Good."

Silence again. I looked away not knowing what to say. There was silence until the waiter came with our food.

We ate our food with me feeding Ansh in between.

Ansh seemed to like the lime soda a lot because of its tangy taste and clicked his tongue everytime he had a sip.

After finishing our food we just sat there.

"Why do want to get married to me? Knowing that I have a son from my previous marriage."

I asked the question I have been wanting to since the beginning.

He sighed and started saying.

Karan's POV

I knew she was going to ask this now or later.

I didn't want to hide it from her if we were going to get married.

"You must be aware that I too was married earlier and my wife-"

I stopped and gulped. The memories were too painful for me.

She nodded with a sad look.

"But you must not know that she was pregnant when I lost her."

Her eyes widened at the new information.

"I lost her and our unborn baby. You know what her last words were. Ki wo mere paas aayegi. As my daughter."

That she will come back to me.)

I chuckled sadly. Naina looked at me and asked.

"You are marrying because you want a baby?"

"No! No! Oh God! I said that wrong. Naina! I can call you that right? I would never have remarried if it were up to me. Lekin from the past one year mumma has been after me to get married again and start my life afresh. When she told me about you and Hridhyansh I knew what I wanted. I know mai iss waqt ek husband ka role nhi play kr skta but I wanted to be a father. I wanted to experience what it feels like to he a father. I will be very honest Naina. It will take me time to accept our relationship as husband and wife lekin I promise to be the best father and best friend I could be to you and Hridhyansh."

(I know I can't play the role of a husband right now but I wanted to be a father.)

I said honestly.

"If you say yes ofcourse."

I added and she smiled. A big one.

"Thank you. For telling me what you have in your heart. And I know it is difficult. Mere liye bhi hai and I am thankful because I too would need some time. And I promise too ki I will be the best friend that you would need and could rely on. Aur rahi baat husband wife ki toh wo baad mai soch lenge. Mai abhi sirf Ansh ke liye sochna chahti hu. And seems like he liked you a little too much."

(And about being husband and wife we will see that later. Right now I want to think about Ansh only.)

She said and I saw Hridhyansh playing with my watch. He seemed pretty comfortable in my arms.

I smiled and caressed his little hands and he looked back at me and gave me a big smile.

God! Is this how fathers feel when their babies smile widely to them. I think my heart just leaped out of my chest.

We paid the bill and Naina insisted on splitting it.

After that we moved out and went to a park nearby.

Hridhyansh was looking at the kids playing with excitement.

I looked at Naina and saw her admiring Hridhyansh.

I cleared my throat to ask her the question that has been nagging me from the past few minutes.

I think it will be too personal but I will give it a try.

"Umm...if you don't mind me asking. Why did you divorce? Don't tell if it's too personal."

Her smile dropped and she looked at me.

She sighed and then said.

"It was bound to happen today or tomorrow."

I was confused by her statement.

"Ours was an arranged marriage. He was always busy in his work or so I thought."

She started and I listened with great attention.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️