4.

Sneha's POV

I get ready in a royal blue saree. The saree was neither too heavy nor too simple. It had light embroidery and the color made it look very beautiful.

I did light makeup and pinned my hair to the back.

I went out and mumma put kala teeka behind my hair while trying to control her tears.

Aww! My super sensitive mother. I hugged her and we started off to their home.

We were welcomed in. I greeted everyone and dadi caressed my head.

"Bhut sundar lag rhi hai."

(You look beautiful.)

I thanked her and just then Rishabh came down. Coincidently we were twinning.

He looked at me from head to toe and then went towards my parents and touched their feet.

We were made to sit on a sofa and our families started the ceremony.

After the roka ceremony the priest started searching for dates for our wedding.

He presented two dates, one was after three months from now and the other was after seven months.

Our parents wanted to go for the former. They first asked me. I said that if they were ok with it I don't have any issues.

Then papaji asked Rishabh and he said that since everyone wanted the former he had no problem with it.

Rishabh's POV

So, she is officially my fiancee now. Are we are going to be married in three months.

I wanted to go for the latter but knowing that dadi was going to pursue me for the former I didn't say anything.

And ofcourse Sneha would say the former because she must be dying to get married in a such a rich family.

Her family left after having lunch and I too changed my clothes and went to office.

This is the only way I could distract myself from all this stupidity.

During the three months we barely met twice. I was happy because I had the excuse of our business being shifted to India so I had to take frequent trips to New York.

I apologized to her on dadi's insistence and she said that she understood.

Oh! How nice of her. How understanding she is. My foot!

Seemed like God too was against me because time passed by so quickly and now she is sitting beside me as my wife.

She is sniffing lightly and wiping her tears with my hanker chief. Yeah! I could be that courteous.

We reach home and did the rituals as instructed by mumma and dadi.

I was so damn tired and just wanted to sleep.

I have a flight to New York tomorrow night.

The rituals were finally done and I was allowed to go to my room. Thankfully my newly wedded wife was going to sleep with mumma today because tomorrow is supposed to be another ritual from her side and after that we are supposed to 'celebrate' our wedding night.

I woke up late the next day. 

Her cousins were already there to take her. Mumma told me that I have to go to bring her back in the evening.

I nodded without saying anything and started packing my stuff.

Mumma saw me keeping the luggage in the car and asked me.