1.

Abhishree's POV

I grip the bat tightly as I focus on the ball in the baller's hand. I have to show this ghamandi aadmi that women are no less.

I take stance as the ball approaches me and wooshhh!

I hit the ball and it goes straight into the air.

The other team's captain who put the bet looks into the air trying to look for the ball. He then looks at me open mouthed.

Haa! Take that you chhuchhundar!

I swirl the bat in air and move towards him with a smirk.

I stand in front of him and move my fingers through my hair showing tashan.

"Kya keh rhe the tum? Ladkiyan haan ladkiyan achha cricket nhi khel skti. Yaha uss kala ka pradarshan toh tumne kia. Toh tum huye ladki."

(What were you saying? Girls yes girls cannot play cricket. You did that here. Then you are a girl.)

I say and everyone laughs. He gives me a stinky look.

"Chal ab mere paise nikal."

(Now give me my money.)

He grumbles and hands me two 500 rupee notes.

All my friends jump and shout with happiness.

They pick me up on their shoulders and roam around the whole ground shouting in happiness and I move my bat in air like a real cricketer.

We were celebrating our victory when I hear a loud voice.

"ABHISHREE!"

My friends put me down and I look at the human being I call my mother looking at me with anger. I swear if she was a cartoon there would be smoke coming out of her ears right now. That's how much angry she was.

She came near us marching angrily and held my hand.

"Pata nhi kin awara ladko ke saath ghumti rehti hai ye ladki. Ek bhi ladkiyon wale lakshan nhi hai iske. Ghar chal tu. Tere papa se shikhayat karungi mai."

(God knows which useless boys she roams with. There is not a single thing she does like girls. Come home. I will complain to your father.)

She says and starts pulling me along with her.

"Arre mummy suno toh."

(Mummy listen to me.)

"Chup bilkul. Bhut manmani kr li tune. Ab chupchap seedha ghar chal."

(Shut up. You did your wish a lot. Now come home straight.)

I was about to say something but she glared at me and I went with her quietly. I looked back at my friends and saw them looking at me with sadness.

I see Parth coming near us and I smile. How caring my friends are.

"Aunty! Aunty ek minute. Wo Abhi ke paas hamare paise hai. Mai please wo lelu."

(Aunty one minute. Abhi has our money. Can I take that.)

I look at him with narrowed eyes. Kutta kahi ka!

Mumma looks at him and nods.

"Abhi please hamare paise dede."

(Abhi please give our money.)

He says in the most sweetest tone. Tujhe toh mai baadme dekhti hu beta.

I hand him the money and he runs away to the rest.