Epilogue

*7 years later*

Amaira's POV

"Maira Tarush ko maine ready kr dia. Tum bas Taani ke baal bana do."

(I got Tarush ready. You make Taani's hair.)

Kush said as I was packing their bags.

Tarush is 7 years old now and it is his first day in primary school. I can't believe he grew up so fast. He is 1st class now. My little baby has grown up so fast.

Taani is our three and half years daughter and it is her first day in nursery. She comes to me with two rubber bands.

I take the comb and do two cute ponytails on her head. She waddles to the mirror and admires herself and then give me a toothy smile.

I keep her lunch box in her bag and pin her hanker chief to her dress.

"Bhaiya school mai kya hota hai?"

(What happens in school?)

She asks Tarush and he tells her very excitedly.

"Bhut saari masti hoti hai. Mam cartoon dikhati hai. Games khilati hai. Dance karati hai. Aur bhut saare friends bhi bante hai."

(A lot of fun. We see cartoons. Play games. Dance. And make lot  of friends.)

Taani's eyes sparkled hearing Tarush. Seems like she liked the picture Tarush painted in her mind.

I pull her in my arms and kiss her cheeks.

"Aur padhai bhi hoti hai. Shaitaani nhi karna ok. Aur bhut saare friends banana."

(And study too. Don't be naughty. And make lots of friends.)

I tickle her and she giggles.

Since it is Taani's first day me and Kush have taken a half day. We would go to work in the second half.

We drop Tarush and Taani to their school. Tarush goes to his class with his class teacher and friends.

Taani looks at us and asks.

"Aap bhi chalo."

(You also come.)

Kush picks her up and says.

"Hum big babies hai na. Hum andar nhi jaa skte. Lekin hum yahi wait karenge aapka."

(We are big babies. We can't go inside. But we will wait here.)

She pouted but went inside looking back at us in between. 

Finally when she was out of sight I looked at Kush. He had tears in her eyes.

"Kush! Wo toh roi nhi. Aap ro lo."

(She didn't cry. You do.)

I say holding his hand and he rounds his arm around my waist.

"Itni jaldi bade ho gaye na ye. It seems like yesterday jab maine pehli baar Taani ko pakda tha. She was so small and so fragile. My precious baby."

(They grew up so fast. When I held Taani for the first time.)

I smile. He is right.

"I know. Lekin hum time ko nhi rok skte na. All we can do is enjoy the time we have with them. Ek din bada toh unhe hona hi hai. Aur phir apni lives mai busy ho jaana hai. Lekin tab tak we will live our lives to the fullest and enjoy every moment with them."

(We cannot stop time. They have to grow up one day. And then get busy in their lives. Till then...)

He kisses my forehead and we sit in the car waiting for Taani's school to be over.