1.

Sanaya's POV

I looked at the man going away from me with tears in my eyes. 

I wanted to stop him but my voice betrayed me and all I could do was see him go far away.

Feeling weak in my knees I fall to the ground and finally letting my feelings take over me I cry.

A round of applause erupts and I get up wiping my tears.

I smile and everyone looks at me with appreciation and inspiration.

"Wow mam! You are so natural. Aisa laga hi nhi that you are acting."

(It didn't seem like you were acting.)

One of my students say and I smile.

"This is one of the most important factors while you perform. Jo bhi role kro. Be into it. Jab tak you will not be able to feel your role's emotions and feelings, the audience will not."

(Whatever role you perform.)

They nod and then we do a short exercise where everyone picks up a chit and they have to enact the scene written on that.

This gives them the opportunity to try various genres because anyone can get any chit. And those scenes are written by them only. So, one can get anyone's imagination that they have to enact.

After each performance a round of claps erupt and then I give my feedback as to how they can improve.

We finally leave the studio at 8. Wishing all of them a bye I start to move to my home which is only a few blocks away from here.

I enter my house and slump on the sofa and keep my head on papa's shoulder who is watching tv. 

He caresses my hair and I smile. Mumma comes out with tea and we start having our tea while I tell them about my day.

This is my favourite part of the day apart from when I am in the studio. Spending time with my parents.

We often get too busy in our lives that we forget, if we are growing up then our parents are also growing old.❤

That's why I make sure to spend as much time as I can with them.

After having tea I go to my room and freshen up. I change my clothes and come out to help mumma in the kitchen.

I hail from an upper middle class family. My papa is a government official and mumma is a lecturer in college.

Being in such noble professions, none of them ever forced me towards studies. They always saw my passion towards theatres and acting and encouraged me to pursue it. And today, I successfully run an acting school.

Although I am happy with everything but I want to do something to make my own identity. I want people to recognise me. And appreciate me for my skills. 

I just want one opportunity to prove myself. Just one opportunity God!

Karan's POV

I come out of the studio after giving my audition. 

This was what- I think 8th audition I gave this month. The last 7 did not get any response.

But I can't lose hope. I know that one day all my prayers and struggles will be fulfilled.

I go home and slump down on the sofa and lay my head in mumma's lap.

She caresses my hair and says.

"Kyu khudko itna tang krta hai? Baat maan le na papa ki. Krle business join."

(Why do you trouble yourself so much? Listen to your father. Join business.)

I groan and sit straight.

"Aapko pata hai na mujhe koi shauk nhi hai business mai. Aur waise bhi ek saal ki baat hui thi hamari. Abhi 6 mahine hai usme."

(You know I am not interested in business. And we talked about an year. There's still 6 months in that.)

I belong to a wealthy family. Dadaji started our business and papa carried it on. Now he wants me to join it too.

He doesn't like me doing acting and theatres. 

He gave me and ultimatum that if I will not to able to prove myself in my field of passion then I will have to join the business. I have one year-well-technically six months now.

And I have to do something because there is no way that I am going to join that business.

Mumma sighs and then smiles. I lay down in her lap again and she moves her fingers through my hair. The peace and the calm I feel in her lap is something I can never feel anywhere else.

I let my tiredness take over me and soon slip into a peaceful slumber.

I woke up hearing some noises around me.

"Uth gaye shehzaade. Good morning."

(Woke up.)

I heard papa's sarcastic voice and I rolled my eyes mentally.

I started going to my room when I heard his voice.

"6 mahine reh gye hai. Uske baad business join krna hai."

(6 months are left. Then you are joining business.)

I turned around and said in an irritated tone.

"Don't worry papa. Uski naubat nhi aayegi. Because I know ki ek din I will definitely succeed in what I am doing."

(That day won't come.)

He smiled slightly and said.

"I hope you do. Nahi toh option toh hai hi tumhare paas."

(Otherwise you don't have any option.)

I gritted my teeth and went to my room. I banged the door harshly and slumped down on my bed.

Argh! Why is nothing working.

I have been giving auditions all over the country. I even went to Mumbai for a few months but nothing worked.

Please God do something. I just want one opportunity to prove myself. Just one opportunity God!

I pray and close my eyes feeling mentally exhausted.

*A week later*

Its been a week since I gave my last audition. I had almost lost hope from this one too when I received a call in the evening.

"Hello."

I answered in a bored tone.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Mr. Karan Arora?"

I heard a female voice ask.

"Yes. Speaking."

"Mr. Arora. You gave an audition for Tere Liye show a week ago?"

I sat up straight hearing it.

"Yes. Yes I did."

"Congratulations Mr. Arora. You are selected for the role of the male lead. You are requested to be present at the same place tomorrow at 9 am sharp. The rest of the details will be sent to you via mail."

"Thank you. I'll be there."

I said and disconnected the call.

I jumped up happily.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you so much God! Thank you!"

I didn't want to inform anyone as of now. I am very happy for this opportunity.

I am so excited that I start to look into my almirah to decide what I should wear tomorrow. I need to make an impression right?

Ahh! I am so excited.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏

Laters!!😘❤