5.

Naina's POV

I was just done wiping the bathroom when the door opened and Karan came in. Shirtless. His hair and pants were all wet due to water.

Water from his hair fell on his chest and travelled down to his stomach and then inside the V that was visible from his pants.

"Umm I need a shower."

I heard his voice and I came out of my dreamland.

Oh God! He just saw me checking him out shamelessly. God! Please let the Earth swallow me.

I looked away trying to hide my blush and nodded.

Keeping the wiper aside I was moving out when I saw him standing just behind me.

I didn't expect him to be there and got startled.

"Oh my God!"

I said and jumped back.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you. Mai bas shower lene-"

(I just wanted a shower -)

I know he didn't mean to scare me but I got scared and when I jumped back I accidentally switched on the shower and we are both getting drenched but none of us is ready to move out.

Why? Because of the tension around us.

We were looking at each other as if we were the other's prey.

His eyes trailed down my body and I could see him gulp. His eyes came back up to mine and he started leaning in.

I felt his breath on my ears as he nuzzled his nose at the side of my cheeks.

His hands moved from my arms to my palms and then came to rest on my waist.

He pulled me into his chest and I gasped.

He looked at me intensely and started to lean near my lips.

I closed my eyes and clutched his shoulders.

A few seconds later I felt his lips on my forehead.

I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Go!"

He whispered and I ran out at once.

After coming out I kept a hand on my heart.

What the hell just happened? We were about to kiss. But why didn't he?

A part of me is disappointed that the kiss didn't happen but a part is happy that it didn't because it would complicate the things right now.

I quickly changed my clothes and laid down on the bed.

Hearing the door open I clutched the blanket and shut my eyes pretending to asleep.

After a few minutes he laid on his side but I could feel his gaze on me.

"I know you are awake. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

He said and I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Good night."

He whispered and then slept with his back facing me.

I wasn't uncomfortable. I am just confused. Confused about our relationship. Its too early for us to behave like a normal couple.

Karan's POV

The next morning was pretty normal. Neither me nor Naina talked about last night.

In the evening we were in our room and I was doing my work when I heard her.

"I want to know about Anaya."

I froze midwork and looked at her.

"What!?"

"I told you about Akash. About my marriage. Tell me about yours. No pressure though.

She said and I knew why she wanted this. She wanted me to tell her and let it out. And to move on.

I kept looking at her for some time and then got up and kept my laptop aside.

I sat in front of her and said.

"What do you want to know?"

"Whatever you want to tell."

I thought for a moment and then decided to tell her from the beginning.

"Anaya and me, we met in college. I was a BBA student and we was a journalism student. She was bold and outspoken. That's what I loved about her. She used to speak her mind and heart."

I smiled formed on my face involuntarily. Naina had a smile on her face too.

"We met through a common friend and that's how we started talking. Long story short. We fell in love, started dating and when we were settled in our professional lives we decided to get married."

I smiled as I remembered our marriage. The best day of my life. I was so happy.

"Everything was fine until one day. You remember a fire broke out at the headquarters of CBM News?"  (*Imaginary name*)

I asked and she nodded but then her eyes widened in realisation and tears formed in her eyes.

"She was there in in. I remember how she didn't want to go because she felt uneasy. I argued that she was just nervous because she had a big interview that day. Maine jabardasti usse bheja uss din."

(I sent her forcefully that day.)

I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes.

"I wish I had not. I wish mai uski baat maan leta. She would have been here with me. And you know what iss incident se kuch minute pehle I found her pregnancy report in our almirah. I found out I was going to be a father."

(I wish I had listened to her.)

I closed my eyes.

"Aur agle hi pal I heard the news that there was a fire in - when I reached there it was too late. She was on her last breaths. She lost her life in my arms."

(And the next moment...)

I said looking at my arms which now looked blury because of the tears in my eyes.

I felt Naina's arms wrap around me and her fingers caressing my hair.

"You couldn't have done anything Karan. It was meant to happen. Kuch log hamari life mai kisi particular reason se aate hai. Aur jab wo reason complete ho jaata hai wo chale jaate hai. Maybe Anaya was there to tell you what love is. And when she fulfilled her purpose she left. But you need to be strong Karan. Uska purpose waste nhi hona chahiye. She wanted you to live. So live. For her."

(Some people come in our lives for a particular reason. Aur they leave when their purpose is fulfilled. Her purpose shouldn't be wasted.)

I couldn't control myself and hugged her tightly. Maybe she is right. Maybe it is time to move on.

I already feel so light after telling her everything. I am happy I did.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️