7.

Drishti's POV

The bell rings again and I go to open the gate. Rakshit is standing with a man of around papa's age. I greet him and he pats my head lovingly.

I then look at the lady beside uncle and anger courses through my body instantly. I control my emotions and smile too sweetly at her.

I welcome them inside and Rakshit introduces his family to all of us.

Our parents soon indulge in a talk. Well, my parents and his father. That woman is just looking around and glaring at everything.

"Drishti! Beta khaana lagwa le. Time ho rha hai khaane ka."

(Let's get the food. Its time.)

Mumma said and I nodded. She started getting up but Rakshit stopped her.

"Aunty aap log baithiye. Hum le aayenge."

(You guys sit. We'll get.)

"Aree beta lekin aap kyu-"

(Why you-)

"Its ok aunty. Apne ghar mai bhi toh krta hu na. Its fine. Aap please baithiye."

(I do at my home too. You please sit.)

He insisted and mumma nodded smiling. 

I walked in front of him swaying my back a little too intentionally.

I stood in front of the kitchen counter with my back to him. 

He came behind me and caged me between the counter.

"Trying to tease me. Huh!"

He whispered in my ear while his hands traced my bare waist.

I shivered slightly at his touch and muttered.

"Nhi toh."

(No.)

He turned me around and pulled me closer by my waist. He nuzzled his nose in my neck and I round my arms around his neck.

We pulled back hearing a throat clearing. 

Argh! I hate this woman! 

I didn't leave Rakshit and kept my arms around his neck. She looked at me in distaste and turned to Rakshit.

"Beta do minute mere saath aao. Kuch baat krni hai. Akele mai. Mai andar room mai hu."

(Come with me for two minutes. I want to talk. Alone. I am in the room.)

She said the last part in a low voice trying to give a warning.

Rakshit went stiff and she smirked and went out.

I cupped his face and said.

"Go! I am here. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. Lekin you have to show her that she can't control you and your life anymore. You can do it. I believe in you."

He nodded and kept his forehead on mine. I pecked his lips and he slowly went inside the room.

I started serving the food till then.

Rakshit's POV

I have to do this. I can't let her affect me anymore. 

I saw her sitting on Drishti's bed very casually. She saw me and smiled wikedly.

She got up and shut the door behind me. I closed my eyes for a moment and then look at her.

"Bhut bade ho gye ho na tum. Maa baap se puchhe bina ladki pasand krli. Shaadi ki baatein. Tumhe tameez sikhani padegi lagta hai."