1.

Naina's POV

I was getting ready for the day.

I heard a soft wail and smiled seeing my six months old baby. My Hridhyansh. My heartbeat.

I pick him in my arms and he stops crying and snuggles into me hugging my neck.

I sit with him on my lap and he starts grabbing me indicating that he was hungry.

"Alle mela bacha!"

(Aww my baby!)

I coo at him and start feeding him. He immediately latches on and starts sucking.

This feeling is something I can never gst over. Feeding him. It makes me feel like a mother. That I gave birth to this little human who now has my heart in his little fists.

I can do anything for him and I want to give him the best life I can. I know I have to move on from my past for that but for my Ansh I will do anything.

After filling his tummy I burp him and take him out in the living room. Mumma and Papa are already there.

I put Ansh near his toys and we have our breakfast in the meantime.

Today I have to go grocery shopping. So, finishing my food I kiss Ansh and bid mumma a bye.

Just as I was wearing my slippers mumma asked.

"Kya socha tune Naina? Kya jawab dena hai unhe?"

(What have you thought Naina? What do we answer them?)

I stopped and sighed.

"Aake baat krte hai na mumma. Please!"

(Let's talk after I come back.)

She nodded and I left.

You guys must be confused as to what she was talking about. Well, she was talking about my second marriage.

It had been almost 14 months since my divorce and now she wants me to move on and get married. For me and for Ansh.

I know he deserves this but after one heartbreak it is difficult to think about another.

After shopping everything I needed I headed back home and waited for the big talk.

After keeping the vegetables in the kitchen I sat with my parents with Ansh in my arms who was playing with his toy.

"Beta tera jo decision hoga hume manzoor hai. Bas ye dhyan rakhna ki hum teri khushi ke liye hi keh rhe hai. Ek baat jo galti ho gyi iska matlab ye toh nhi na ki wo baar baar ho."

(We accept whatever your decision maybe. But remember we are doing this for your happiness only. Something happened once doesn't mean it will happen repeatedly.)

Papa said and I thought about it.

"Karan bhut achha ladka hai beta. He too has gone through a lot. Losing his wife only a few months after the marriage. Lekin usne khud haa ki hai iss rishte ke liye. Give it a thought beta."

(Karan is a very nice man. But he himself agreed for this relationship.)

Mumma said. I knew Karan. Karan Ahuja. Mumma's best friend's son.

4 years back mumma touched the topic of my marriage with him but he already had a girlfriend and was going to marry her.

Honestly, I liked him at that time too but we could not get married because of obvious reasons.

And now again my marriage is being discussed with him. Is it some kind of sign? Maybe. I don't know. This is too much for me.

"I need some time mumma. Aur agar unse mil sakti toh thoda asan ho jaata."

(If I could meet him once it would be easier.)

"Ofcourse mai abhi Amita se baat krti hu. I'll fix your date with him."

(I'll talk to Amrita right now.)

Mumma said excitedly and I chuckled. She is a sucker for romance.

I was looking forward to the 'date'. God knows what future has in store for me.

Karan's POV

I was in office when I received mumma's call.

"Teri chhuti kab hai?"

(When is your off?)

She asked skipping the greetings. Okk?

"Umm-shayad do din baad. Kyu?"

(Maybe after two days. Why?)

"Do din baad. Thik hai. Free hi rahiyo."

(Do days later. Ok. Be free.)

"Achha lekin hua kya?"

(Ok but what is it?)

"Date pr bhej rhi hu tujhe."

(I am sending you on a date.)

I rolled my eyes at her words. She is still a girl who loves romance novels.

I slumped back into my chair as my eyes went to the photoframe kept on my desk.

Her smiling face, eyes filled with mischief and a sparkle. She was the most beautiful girl. My girl. My Anaya.

My eyes filled with tears as I remembered her.

I lost her three years back. It is a long time. But I still couldn't get over her. Not after knowing that I lost her because of me.

No one knows but she was a month pregnant when she-

I can never forget that horrible day ever in my life.

The reason I agreed to get married was one because my mother has been pursuing me to move on and live my life.

And two, because my Anaya's last words were these too.

"Promise me you will get married again and live you life Karan. I promise I'll come back to you. Iss baar as you daughter. Promise me Karan."

And how can I deny her. The girl is mumma's best friend's daughter.

Her name is Naina and she has a son from her previous marriage.

If Anaya was alive we too would be having a child of our own.

I close my eyes feeling a sharp pain near my heart. I wipe my tears as I hear a knock on my door.

Giving the person the permission to enter in I start doing my work.

I went back home in the eveing and mumma told me that she had fixed a 'date' for me two days later.

I nodded and she went on describing how I will 'love' Naina a lot because she is the sweetest soul she had ever met.

I don't know whether I could ever love someone again. Anaya was my only love and it seems impossible to fall in love with someone again.

But I do know one thing that if we get married, she will get all the respect she deserves and I will always be faithful to her.

Maybe we can become very good friends.

I don't know what will be the outcome of this so called date. God knows what the future has in store for me.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️