3.

Rakshit's POV

*Trigger warning. Mention of physical abuse*

When I got to know the truth about her being my step mother I asked her. And that night she hit me with belt. That was when the real torture started.

She would randomly come into my room at night and start hitting me. She would stuff a cloth in my mouth so that I don't shout.

The first day it happened, I started locking my door after it. But that didn't stop her. She used to beat me at any chance she got. Whenever she would find me alone she would hit me.

I was 12 when she first told me the reason of her actions.

"Tum mujhe har pal ye yaad dilate ho ki mai kabhi bhi maa nhi ban skti. Tumhari ye shakal mujhe yaad dilati hai meri kami ke baare mai."

(You always make me remember that I can never be a mother. Your face reminds me of my fault.)

She said hitting me vigorously with belt.

I was 18 when I finally shifted here in pretext of studying. That's when her beating stopped but those tortures did not. I still get nightmares about it and cannot sleep at nights.

I still lock the door of my bedroom even after living alone in the fear that she might come at night and start hitting me.

I was curled up in bed shivering and clutching the blanket tightly when I heard the doorbell ring and my heartbeat accelerated and I started sweating badly.

"No please! Jaao yaha se! Leave me alone! Please leave me!"

(Leave from here!)

I whispered whimpering waiting for her to go. The bell rang once more and I flinched in fear.

And then everything went silent.

I think she went. I still couldn't sleep because of fear and those nightmares.

I feel so worthless. Why am I unable to fight for myself? I cried the whole night shivering in bed.

She had already ruined my childhood and now she is ruining my life also.

I slept in the wee hours of the morning.

I woke up with a jolt hearing the alarm.

I looked around and sighed in relief when I found no one. This is what my life has become. Being scared at every step.

After getting ready, I move out of my apartment not really in the mood to have breakfast.

My body is aching a lot but I don't want to stay at home. It feels so lonely and this loneliness is eating me now.

I'll go at my usual hideout and relax there.

I was just about to press the button to call the lift when I heard the most irritating voice.

"Oyee! Hello!"

"Tumhe tameez se kisi se baat krni nhi aati kya?"

(Don't you know how to talk properly?)

I gritted out in frustration and she blinked. She thought for a whole two minutes and then said.

"Aati hai. Lekin tumhare aage na pata nhi saari tameez phurrrr ho jaati hai."

(I do. But my respect flies away in front of you.)

She said and giggled as if it was the most funniest joke.

I rolled my eyes at her and asked.

"Tumhe kaam pr nhi jaana."

(Don't you have work today.)