4.

Abhiraj's POV

She had Raman in my arms who was looking at the lake and giggling and blabbering something.

I was laid down with my head in mumma's lap and was looking at her. 

She is so good with kids. She will be an amazing mother.

Just then our eyes met and I looked away.

What the fuck Abhiraj? Kya soch rha hai?

I was supposed to be rude to her not imagine her as the mother of our- Argh!

I sit upright and looked away. I heard her giggle and saw her run behind Raman who was running around playing.

I was looking at her. She was giggling and running around with him.

I got up and started walking around with a smile om my face.

I saw that she was running backwards while Raman was trying to catch her. Her foot got stuck with a stone and she was about to fall back. Thankfully, I was near her and caught her hand on time. 

"Dekh nhi skti kya tum? Abhi lag jaati. Pagal ladki."

(Can't you see? You would have got hurt. Stupid girl.)

I gritted out and walked away from her. Why am I feeling bothered. The thought that she could have gotten hurt, didn't settle well with me.

What is this feeling? I look back to see her again busy playing with Raman. 

During our whole stay in the village I tried my best to avoid her because I think my brain was losing its control in front of her.

The thing that was actually bothering me was I was getting affected by her presence and her proximity but she seemed fine. As if it didn't affect her.

Argh! At this rate I will go mad.

Anahita's POV

I can't believe everything happened so fast. It seemed like just yesterday when I first saw my fiancee and Its already been two months to that day and today I am sitting in our room, on our marital bed as his wife.

After her and his family left from village. Papa and uncle started talking about marriage and none of us realised how fast the time went by.

Abhiraj has been behaving a little weird since that day after our conversation.

He did not talk to me much but whenever he did it was only to shout at me.

He would not shout unnecessarily but when something happened or I was being careless.

I know he cares about me but why does he have to shout.

I was waiting for him to enter with a veil over my head when I heard the door being shut loudly and I jumped in my place a bit.

"Itni der se itni heavy aur uncomfortable jewellery mai kyu baithi ho?"

(Why are you sitting in this heavy jewellery since so long?)

I heard his annoyed voice.

"Aapka wait kr rhi thi."

(I was waiting for you.)

He groaned and said.

"Aa gaya mai. Now go and change."

(I have come.)

"Umm-muh dikhai ki rasam hai Abhiraj."

(Its the ritual.)

I said calmly and I heard him sigh. A few seconds later the veil from head was lifted and our eyes met.

For a split second his expressions softened and he smiled but then again that sadu expression formed on his face.

"Now get up."

I got up with a smile and started to remove my jewellery. I wiped my makeup and went to the bathroom to change my clothes.

After I came out I saw the decoration on the bed on the floor and Abhiraj sleeping on his side with his back to the other side.

The lights on his side were switched off.

I laid down on the other side and got inside the sheets.

I switched off the lights and just lay like that.

Sleep was far away from me. I looked to his side. He was breathing evenly.

Seems like he was asleep. To confirm it I called him.

"Abhiraj!"

No reply. He is asleep. I carefully scooted closer to him and hugged him wrapping my arms around his torso from behind.

Keeping my cheek against his back I slept with a smile.

Abhiraj's POV

I don't know why when dadi started talking about my marriage with Anahita I didn't object.

Maybe because I knew I had started to like her.

Today morning I woke up with her cuddled up in my arms. I don't know how that happened but I loved the feeling.

This is making me so crazy because she may not feel the same for me. Also, I am getting confused about my feelings.

Whether it is just an infatuation or am I actually in love with my wife.

Trying to take my mind off I go to the hospital. Mumma was reluctant but I convinced her saying that I have important surgery.

I reached the hospital and started my rounds.

I was in the corridor talking to a patient's family when I heard a familiar voice.

"Good morning Dr. I am Dr. Anahita."

I turned and looked at her wide eyed. What is she doing here?

No one in the hospital knows that she is my wife because I did not invite anyone from the hospital.

She was talking to Dr. Parv Bansal. He is a young and smart doctor and most important he is single and a big flirt. 

"Hello Dr. Anahita. Nice to meet you. I am Dr. Parv. Your mentor."

Why did this man has to be her mentor? I groaned mentally.

She looks at me and gives me a beautiful smile. I look at Dr. Parv who was ogling her and went away with an annoyed expression.

Great! I came here to be free from her thoughts but she only came here.

The whole day that leech was roaming around her in the pretext of mentoring her.

We finished our shift and I was waiting for her in the parking area. She came and smiled seeing me. I was about to smile back when I saw that leech behind her.

"Hey Anahita! Going home? I can drop you."

He asked her and I clenched my fists. She looked at him and said with a polite smile.

"Thank you so much Dr. Parv. But I can manage."

"Aree nhi. I insist let me."

(No.)

He was about to say something when I walked to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Chale? Kabse wait kr rha hu mai."

(Shall we? I was waiting since long.)

I asked her and she stiffened at my sudden touch. She relaxed and nodded. Dr. Parv looked confused.

"Oh I didn't introduce her, did I? She is my wife. Dr. Anahita Abhiraj Rathore."

Aaaand I loved the expression on his face.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏

Laters!!😘❤