8.

Kanav's POV

My baby? She was the one I-

I got up and raked my hand through my hair.

This was all too much to process.

"Tum waha se gyi kyu?"

(Why did you leave from there?)

I ask her. She could have stayed.

She lowered her head and muttered.

"Mai darr gyi thi. I didn't want to lose the friendship we have Kanav. Mujhe laga ki tum-tum mujhse nafrat karoge."

(I got scared. I thought you-you would hate me.)

"You hid about my baby from me."

She closed her eyes and said.

"Mai tumpar khudko aur iss baby ko thopna nhi chahti thi."

(I didn't want to tie myself and this baby on you.)

"Thopna? Really Vanya? You really had no idea that I was so in love with you since forever. I thought I was obvious. Tumhare alawa kisi aur ko kabhi attention nhi di maine, kabhi kisi aur ko dekha bhi nhi. How can you not know that I love you?"

(Tie? I never gave attention to anyone except you, never saw anyone.)

I say cupping her face and she looks at me with teary eyed. 

"I am sorry."

She hugged me and hid her face in my chest.

"I love you Kanav. I love you so much. Please mujhe maaf krdo."

(Forgive me.)

I pull back and look at her.

"On one condition. Marry me."

She smiled and nodded. I smile and kissed her head.

I can't believe this is real. The woman I love loves me back and I am going to be a father in a few months.

Vanya's POV

I told him. Everything. His confession had left me in guilt and couldn't stop myself from telling him the truth.

Right now we are sitting near the mandap where AJ and Misha are taking pheras.

I look at Kanav and he smiled and pulls me closer.

*Two weeks later*

Misha and AJ are back from there honeymoon and today me and Kanav are getting married.

Yes! He wanted to marry me before our baby is born. So, we are going for a simple wedding with close relatives and friends only.

His parents accepted me very lovingly and mummyji is so excited that she is finally going to get a grandchild.

Typical mothers! She and mumma bonded real well.

Ajesh still doesn't know that the girl he has been trying to find since so long is me.

Me and Kanav are sitting in the mandap and the priest is chanting the mantras.

He asks us to get up for the Pheras and Kanav and Misha help me up. All during the pheras he holds my hand and then I sit down on his left.

He then does the Sindurdan and made me wear the Mangalsutra.

I am married to Kanav. 

I am Vanya Kanav Gupta.

I look at my new husband who is smiling at me with so much love.

How can I get so lucky to get him as my husband?