8.

Akshat's POV

The next morning I woke up early and started getting ready.

I took my stuff and looked towards the bed where my beautiful wife was sleeping peacefully.

I went to her and kissed her head softly. 

"I love you."

I whispered and placed the letter on the nightstand and left.

Mumma was awake. I took her blessings and left.

I reached the railway station and boarded my train.

I reached the place in a few hours and changed into my uniform as I reached the training camp.

We were asked to switch off our phones.

For the next few days we trained and planned our attack. Apparently a terrorist activity was seen happening. Our sources confirmed that they were indeed terrorists and were planning an attack on the nearby cities.

Our plan of action was ready and we were ready to strike.

We were divided into two teams with me and Naman leading the teams.

We surrounded their camp from all the directions and took ambush till we are sure that there are no civilians inside.

Getting the confirmation we took positions.

We were waiting for the right moment to strike when a bullet went past by me, grazing my arm slightly.

Another bullet was shot and it pierced my left arm. I held my arm. My officers tried to come forward but I motioned them to stop.

We stayed still for some time. I think they were checking whether anyone was there or not. Everything went silent after some time and we saw the lights being switched off.

We switched on our night vision cameras. I asked one of my officers to check the positions. He motioned me that it was all clear and that we can proceed.

I motioned everyone to be alert and ATTACK!

We went inside slowly and silently. Soon the atmosphere was filled with gunshots and sounds of hurried footsteps from everywhere.

Run cowards run!

Few minutes later, the camp was nothing but a graveyard. We collected the bodies and dumped them on each other.

Checking inside once again we bombed all of their bodies.

We then sat inside our chopper waiting for the other team's signal.

After about five minutes we received their message:

Mission successful!

I smiled and we moved back to our camp.

I went to Naman and gave him a brotherly hug.

Our mission was successful. We could go back home. I could go back home. To my mother and to my Vaishnavi.

I got my arm bandaged. Our General appreciated us and we celebrated our victory.

The next day we boarded the trains to our respective homes and left.

Vaishnavi's POV

Two weeks. Its been two weeks since I woke up to find myself alone in bed.

I found a letter. His letter.

By the time you read this letter I'll be gone. Mai nhi jaanta ki mujhe kaha jaana hai. This might be the last time we met. I want you to promise me something. Agar mujhe kuch ho jaata hai toh you will move on in your life. I'll always love you Vaishnavi but I want you to be happy in your life.