🌸The Journey🌸

[fluff, traveling AU]

It's been three days already

It's been three days already. Three days of being with Sasuke-kun. I always thought this was the perfect opportunity to catch up with him. Regain all three years that we missed. I did ask him some questions, but he never wanted to talk about what he'd learned from being with Orochimaru. I understand, I mean, the past is behind us, and for some of us, we don't want to remember what we had once been. But sometimes I just want to be able to talk to him normally again... Those times we missed, I want to talk to him and tell him it's okay, that I'm-

"Sakura."

Sakura stopped what she was doing and looked up at him, "huh?"

"Careful."

She looked down at where the knife she held was about to cut her finger clean off, "oh, right..." She blushed as she refocused her attention on cutting the vegetable she held instead of on Sasuke organizing his things.

She swallowed hard as she finished up, then proceeded to dropping the veggies into a boiling pot that sat over the fire. She stirred in some wild herbs and plants she found and some special seasonings she'd made sure to bring when they left. She took a quick taste, pleased with her work, then turned to the Uchiha, "Sasuke-kun, the soup's ready!"

"Okay."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she handed him a bowl, "careful, it's still a little hot."

"That's not a problem. Thank you." Sasuke smiled as he served himself.

Sakura smiled to herself as she took a careful sip from her own bowl. She watched him carefully as he tried it.

Sasuke looked down at the soup, smiled, then looked up at Sakura, "this is good."

"Is it?"

"Mhm."

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun! It really means the world to me!" Sakura grinned.

After dinner, they each took turns bathing in a nearby waterfall they found, then once they had laid out their own beds next to each other, they were already laying in awkward silence.

"Hey, Sasuke-kun?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you agree to let me come with you?"

Sasuke was silent, and Sakura almost started panicking before he finally responded, "because you mean everything to me."

Sakura turned to look at him. His face remained emotionless, staring at the clear sky above them. She smiled, "what did you say?"

Sasuke sighed, "you heard me."

Sakura giggled, "I know. I've just never heard you say it before."

"Do I need to say it?"

"Of course." Sakura turned her body so she faced him, but he still looked up at the sky. She watched his unmoving face for a minute, then smiled softly, "Sasuke-kun, I know you're not one for sharing your feelings... And... Looking up at the stars, it's hard to believe that after those years apart, we're all still living under the same sky. I'm sure the stars I see at night are the same ones you see."

Sasuke shut his eyes, and Sakura thought she saw the slightest smile on his lips, "you're right."

Sakura sat up and looked down at him, "as I was saying, I know that you're not comfortable sharing your feelings, but I'm here now. You can tell me anything. I want to help you because..." She looked down at the ground and blushed, "I've already told you so many times... But if I could, I'd tell you every day. Tell you that I love you."

She looked back at Sasuke's still face, then sighed as she assumed he'd fallen asleep.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist, "hn. You're so annoying."

Sakura's gaze fell on his when he'd sat up to look at her. His hand made its way to her face as he cupped her cheek, "I wanted you to come with me with the hopes that I can restore our bond, and maybe even make it stronger. Because you're the one I want to stay with for the rest of my life. You're the one I want to love, because Sakura, that night when I left the village, I denied everyone and all those feelings. And when you tried to stop me, I nearly questioned my own objectives. After I had admitted my loss to Naruto, I then realized that what I truly needed was right in front of me. Naruto as the brother I always wanted, and you as the woman that I really loved."

Sakura gazed in shock at the man smiling a genuine smile that melted her heart.

"And it's all because..." Sasuke squeezed her hand and rested his forehead on hers, "because I love you, Sakura Haruno. I can't deny it anymore."

Sakura studied his eyes as hers filled with tears. Those eyes... The same ones that looked down on her as weak and annoying. The same eyes that glared into her soul with the Sharingan, the Mangekyo, and put her into the genjutsu once in the past. Twice. His eyes that pierced red or gleamed darkness, and made sure to reveal nothing. She could never read him. But now, seeing him this closely, she can see the emotion that he's denied all these years, the fear of what may come in the future, but mostly the love that he felt for her. She smiled happily and nodded, "I love you too, Sasuke Uchiha! I really do! Forever and always!"

They both shut their eyes then closed the space between them. The space that's always been there until that moment. That moment when they shared their first kiss. It was gentle at first, but it soon became more increasingly passionate.

"Sakura..." Sasuke murmured.

"Sasuke, not here..." Sakura whispered, "not now."

Sasuke studied her eyes, then nodded, "I understand."

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun." Sakura whispered as she kissed him once more as she ran her fingers through his dark hair. They both finally pulled away, then Sasuke got out from under his blanket, "wh-what are you doing?"

"Hn." Sasuke smirked as he grabbed the edge of his bedding and pulled it closer to form one bed, "do you not want this?"

Sakura blushed madly but shook her head. He climbed back under the covers and let her move to lay right up to him, taking in his warmth.

"Your hair..." Sasuke whispered.

"Oh, is it bad?" Sakura felt her hair.

Sasuke smiled, "no. It smells... Good."

"Sasuke-kun , that's so cheesy!" Sakura giggled.

"Shut up..."Sasuke mumbled as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer, "go to sleep. We have another day ahead of us."

"Mhm! Good night, Sasuke-kun... I love you..." Sakura grinned as she breathed heavily, then quickly fell asleep in the warmth of Sasuke's embrace.

Sasuke smiled down at her as he planted a kiss on her forehead, "I love you, too."

.........................

Written by xX_Fang_Xx