🌸Legends Part 5🌸

[Naruto AU, angst, comfort]

"I don't know what to do anymore... This was a bad idea from the start."

"No, it wasn't. I mean..." Sasuke muttered, "you had good intentions."

"So you're not denying anything?!"

"No, no, Sakura..."

Sakura climbed weakly out of her bed and tried to stand on her own.

"Hey, hey, you shouldn't be getting out." Sasuke ran to her side, took her hand, and pulled her back to the bed.

"No, I need to keep up my strength." Sakura strained, "Sasuke, please..."

"The answer is no, Sakura. You need to take it carefully." he sighed, "come on, I'll stay with you."

"I know." She laughed as she sat back down, "you have no idea how hemmed in I feel, staying inside like this for such a long time."

"Yeah, well." Sasuke grabbed her and pulled her closer to him, "at least you're being hemmed in with me, right?"

"S-Sasuke!" Sakura laughed as she tried to get away from him, but he only pulled her tighter against him.

They wrestled for a good few minutes before he had her pinned underneath him, "now, you'll go to sleep or I'll just have to punish you."

"You don't scare me," Sakura smirked.

Sasuke moved down so his lips grazed her ear, "are you testing me?"

"Maybe."

"That's a big mistake, young lady."

"Hey, don't forget I'm still older than you." Sakura corrected him as he scoffed.

"I don't like to admit it."

She laughed as Sasuke leaned in and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back until she leaned back to look at him.

Sasuke noticed her behavior, "is something wrong?"

"It's just..." Sakura ran her fingers through his hair, "I'm worried about Sarada."

"She'll be fine." Sasuke reassured her, "Karin's been doing a good job of taking care of her and from here..." He stopped when he suddenly saw her eyes go glossy, "Sakura, we warned you..."

"I know..."

Sasuke wiped her eyes and leaned down to lie next to her, his forehead resting on her head and his arm wrapped around her, "so what are you going to do?"

"Well..." Sakura stared up at the ceiling, "I supposed there's nothing I can do..."

"But there is." Sasuke muttered, "she's been wanting to meet Sakura Haruno for the longest time. Not as her mom, though."

"That's not really something we should risk. If she already feels drawn to me, then that's already a bad sign."

"I guess so..." Sasuke sighed as he inhaled deeply, "did you take a bath?"

"I did." She smiled, "you apparently haven't done that yet."

"Because I'm here with you." he spoke softly, "how are your chakra reserves? Do you feel any weaker? Any stronger?"

"Too many questions..."

"I know." Sasuke moved closer to her and hugged her tighter, "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For putting you through all this."

"Hey, it's not on you." She turned her head to face his, "I'm the one who put myself through this plan and even did what I did in the Ninja War. This isn't your place to apologize, especially since you and Karin are taking care of my daughter for me."