🌸 Pretty Girls Lie 🌸

[modern AU, bittersweet]

Disclaimer; Inspired by a song i really like. Mild language. Spoken from Sasuke's point of view. Modern Setting. Enjoy 🌷

Pretty Girls Lie.

She grew up without a father. She never knew how to love a man. She took pride in breaking hearts and moving on, so I never really stood a chance. And the sparkle in her eyes shine so flaweless you'd be amazed. I was blinded by that angel's face. It's the sweetest poision when we kissed; and now I've got the venom in my veins. Believing everything her lips say.

Pretty girls lie. The lipstick in her smile makes you want to believe. Pain so deep inside she cant even see. She had me walking through a maze with my eyes closed trying to find my way. I had my arms out hoping she'd make any type of sound, but se didn't want to be found; but she told me come anyway. Boy, *chuckles* she was a devil in a dress but an angel in the face. Never was mine, but she was mine for the nights.

I always wondered was it real when she called my name. How she would tenderly touch me in ways no girl ever could, but-but as soon as I reached out for her, she'd retract. I knew the predicament I was gettinf myself into; playing this gambling game with my feelings.

I was that guy. I was everything any single woman in her mid-Twenties would want. I was successful. I had money, and I was handsome. I was the most eligible bachelor in the whole city. Why not right? I thought I'd make her fall for me and crush her hopes and dreams.

But when she smiled at me at that mixer, when her friend introduced us because I obviously couldn't stop staring at the way that red dress hugged every curve of her body and spilled so elegantly to the ground I couldn't stop myself. She stuck her hand out and told me it was nice to meet me. Of course it was, I'm me.

From then we spent the rest of the night together; drinking and talking. We exchanged numbers and I was so excited to prey on her. The days went by and I found myself seeing the vulnerability in her eyes everytime we stared at eachother. I-I couldn't allow myself to hurt her. She was delicate; like a flower. Oh, the irony.

Within a month I fell hard for the girl. She was my worst nightmare. And you'd think everything would've worked out fine. But no, she took advantage of that and used it for her personal gain. She tore me to shreds. And yet here I am, at her front door being a desperate idiot, because I know I saw her for who she really was and that scares her. She's so used to masking that side of her that the mere thought of someone breaking down that wall so easily freaked her the fuck out. I'm freaked out myself. I fell for a girl I had no intentions on falling for. And I don't want anything in this world but for her to tell me she loves me as much as I love her.

"Sakura!" I yelled into the air as I banged my goddamn fist on the door for the umpteenth time. I've been doing this for an hour or so and I know her roommate is tired of it. But neither of us care about how he feels.

"Go away Sasuke." I could hear her voice muffled from the other side of the door. "I told you I don't want anything to do with you anymore and I meant that."

"Sakura please just hear me out okay?"

"Hear more lies?" She scoffs. "Spare me."

"Damnit, these aren't lies Saku-"

The door was snatched roughly open and I stumbled forward from leaning on it. I caught myself before I fell and looked up seeing her roommate. His blue eyes flickering with annoyance. His blonde hair brushing across his face as he stared at me.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." He grits. "So just leave already. I told you in the beginning don't mess up and you did it anyway."

Frowning I pushed past the blonde and made it safely into the apartment. I found her in her kitchen, pouring herself a glass of wine. I stood there stuck. Her face looking so pained.

"Sa-kura." My voice cracked saying her name. She froze and looked towards me. Her emerald eyes landing on me.

"How'd you get in here?!" She says harshly.

"Get out Sasuke!" Naruto yells but I shrug him off and walk into the kitchen.

"Sakura please can we talk about this?"

"There's nothing to talk about Sasuke." Sakura stuck her chin in the air as if to show she was confident and she was standing by her word.

Naruto grabbed me by my arm and I snatched away from him.

"It's not fair Sakura!" I stress. "How you make me fall in love with you and then run from me?"

"I-I didn't make you do anything Sasuke." Her eyebrows furrowed together.

Naruto grabbed me again. This time I didn't struggle.

"Then right here, right now—with Naruto as our witness—tell me you don't love me."

Here I go flipping coins. She's gonna tell me she doesn't love me so I'd leave her alone. I was stupid of telling her to tell me that. But then again it's a good thing. It would show me she really doesn't care and I can move on from this. Maybe this is just my twisted way of gaining closure.

Sakura stared at me. Blinking slowly. Her eyes traveled from me to Naruto and back to me.

"I don't love you Sasuke." She says in the most convincing voice she could muster up. I'm not even surprised. I shouldnt be. I signed up for this.

"Right." I say after a moment of silence. I pop my lips and nod. I gently remove Naruto from me and turn to leave.

"You know," I say over my shoulder. "My brother used to tell me Pretty Girls Lie and I never understood what he meant untill now. Maybe next time, Sakura."

Written by; hoekahgay 🌷