🌸Her Lie Part 2🌸

[high school AU, sweet]

SASUKE

The next day of school was the same old, same old. Nothing really happened, everyone was the same, and the girl that I saw clutching her stomach actually never showed up. Strange. What could've happened?

"Sasuke! Come on, pick up the pace and let's go!"

Naruto was still the same, too. His happy-go-lucky demeanor was pretty infectious.

"Where to, Idiot?"

"I wanted to introduce you to someone!"

"Oh?" He made another friend? That's fairly rare, since there's no one else we've ever been friends with except ourselves, "who's this unfortunate soul to have come across such a painful friend as you?"

"Aw, come on, Sasuke! Admit it! I'm the best friend you could ever have."

"Shut up and tell me who this person is."

"I'd rather you meet her in person."

"You find yourself a girlfriend? Impressive, Uzumaki."

"Well..." He fidgeted a little and turned a lighter shade of pink, "you could maybe say it that way, I think she likes me."

"Really? Ha, she must be desperate."

"Shut up! It's not like that!" He denied and denied, but I could tell he likes her a lot. Maybe she's got a thing for this guy too? I don't want to be mean, but she's gotta be a little whoozy in the head if she's falling for him.

"She's in our homeroom." He explained, "she was in a bit of a bind yesterday, and my mom said it was okay for her to stick with me around school. Isn't that great?"

"Whatever." He's just using that as an excuse for her to stay with him, that little weasel.

"Good morning!" Naruto burst through the door to Kakashi Hatake's homeroom and threw his arms open, though by the looks of everyone else in the room, they didn't really seem to care. Except for one new face that did actually seem familiar to me, yet at the same time, I'd never seen her before.

"Sit down, you're both late." Kakashi replied emotionlessly from the chalkboard as he wrote down his inspirational 'quote of the day'. Cheesy, I know.

"Sakura!"

Her name's Sakura.

"Naruto." The girl with pink hair laughed as the two of us walked up to her. When her eyes met mine, it seemed as if I'd startled her, "who's this?"

"Oh! Right! Sakura." Naruto put his hand on my shoulder, "this is my brother from another mother."

"Don't say that ever again."

"Come on, Sasuke! That's exactly what it is!" Naruto giggled childishly, then turned back to Sakura, "this is Sasuke Uchiha. He looks really cold and dense on the outside, but he's really as soft as a baby's butt on the inside."

"Shut up!" I glared at him suggestively.

"Okay, ah." He coughed, "Sasuke, this is Sakura."

"Nice to meet you." I held my hand out for her to shake, but she didn't receive it. She only smiled uncertainly and nodded curtly. I awkwardly drew my hand back into my pocket and slumped into the desk next to Naruto's, which was in front of hers.

"So." Naruto rested his chin in the palm of his hand, "how are you feeling?"

"Better. I mean." Sakura tapped her nose, "besides this thing, I'm recovering from that concussion."

That piqued my interest. I turned around, "what the hell happened?"

"Ah." Sakura looked at Naruto as if for guidance on what to say.

"It's okay. He's trustworthy, you can tell him."

"I was..." She rubbed her elbow, "I was kind of caught up in a fight by the drinking fountain yesterday before first period. A bunch of girls got in the way, but it's all okay now."

Hang on...

Bunch of girls by the drinking fountian. That's when I knew what was really going on there. They were ganging up on and beating Sakura, I just didn't see her.

"But I jumped in and rescued her!" Naruto grinned, "wasn't I brave, Sakura?"

"Yeah, sure were." She laughed at the idiot's wit, and it kind of pissed me off.

"Don't be so lovey dovey here." I retorted, "we're in school."

"Yeesh, someone's salty." Naruto hacked, then turned to Sakura, "don't worry about him. He's a great guy if you get to know him better."

"I see." She smirked, glancing over in my direction. A blush made its way onto her face as she turned back to look at Naruto, avoiding eye contact with both of us, "so, uh, Naruto? Are you free later?"

"Haha! Me?"

He's such an idiot.

"Yeah, of course I'm free!" He redeemed himself with a chuckle. I internally threw up as I drew back from the conversation and diverted my attention up to the chalkboard filled with nothing but illegible scribbles. I took a great, sudden interest in these indecipherable characters and only blocked out the white noise of Naruto and Sakura's giggles from my left. What bothered me so much about this girl? That I knew her from somewhere, perhaps?

"Hey, Sasuke!" Naruto shook my shoulder and forced me to look at him, "so Sakura and I are going out to eat tomorrow, and we wanted to invite you!"

"Well." I crossed my arms, "I don't want to be the third wheel or anything, but..."

"We think it's fine." He laughed, "it'll be fun for all of us!"

I glanced over at Sakura, who just watched me expectantly. With a groan of defeat, I nodded, "okay, fine. Sure."

"Yes!" He smiled back at Sakura and grabbed her hand, "I told you, he's got a soft spot."

She giggled a little as I chewed on my cheek. This was getting really uncomfortable, and I was ready to stand up and leave. But something urged me to stay, so I did.

"Are you staring, now?"

Naruto waved his hand in front of my face and didn't realize my gaze was fixed on the pink-haired girl sitting diagonal from me. I quickly reverted my attention back to the front of the classroom.

"You didn't have to rat him out like that..."

"Well, wasn't he making you uncomfortable? He was making me uncomfortable."

I overheard the two converse, and her reaction to the whole embarrassing ordeal surprised me. She didn't seem to care, unlike most girls, whom I would, according to Naruto, stare at unconsciously, then get some chastising from them. Sakura didn't complain or even blame me when Naruto did. She's definitely not like any other girl I've known. That was really attractive. I rested my chin in the palm of my hand and smiled inwardly, but also made sure no one else saw the faint smile that made its way onto my lips.

Maybe I should try to get to know her better? Going out with them would definitely give me that opportunity I'm looking for. Let's go.

---

Written by xX_Fang_Xx