🌸Love Me, Not Him Part 3🌸

[high school AU, funny]

"Dummy! That sign was supposed to go outside! The one outside is supposed to be here at the booth!"

"Well, how was I supposed to know that?!"

"Uh, use your head! It says 'Homeroom 2B' on this sign! The one outside says '2B Welcomes You'..."

"They're practically the same!"

"Come on! I thought the Uchiha were supposed to be smarter than this!"

"Maybe I was just being creative? Wasn't that your thing?"

Naruto chuckled, "aw, you two are cute."

Sasuke and Sakura looked at him and turned away from each other, "Sh-shut up..."

"Okay, so..." Naruto set the box of paper down onto the table, "this is only the start of our real cultural festival event."

Sasuke stared dully at his friend, his tone lacking enthusiasm, "oh yeah? And what brilliant idea do you have planned this time?"

Naruto chuckled to himself, "we'll be holding a maid café in our homeroom!"

"Wh-what?!" Sakura beamed in awe at the boy, "that's amazing, Naruto!"

"Am I a genius or what?" Naruto grinned proudly, "also... The girls are gonna wear adorable little maid outfits! Everyone's wanted to see that!"

"Uh, yeah, that's great..." Sasuke muttered, earning himself an elbow to the gut.

"Who knows?" Sakura smirked, "this'll earn you a chance to be Ino's waiter..."

"Not amused." Sasuke crossed his arms, "it's not like Ino's going to be wearing a maid outfit..."

"Hmph." Sakura pouted her lips, "so what?"

"Huh?"

"I mean..." She chuckled weakly, "don't get me wrong, she doesn't have the body for a maid outfit. She'd only disappoint."

Sasuke looked down at her chest, "I don't think you should worry about her..."

"Sh-shut up!" Sakura threw her hand over his mouth, "not in front of--"

"Anyways." Naruto clapped his hands together, "I'm going to head back to the classroom to set up the café. Sasuke, want to come help me? Sakura can go exchange the signs."

"Huh?!" Sakura looked down at the floor, disappointment played on her face.

"Ah..." Sasuke studied her face then smiled weakly at Naruto, "it's my fault the signs are switched. I'll go do that. Besides, I think Sakura would be better at setting up a café than me. I mean, have you seen my sense of decorating? Not the best... I'll go get that sign outside, then."

"Wha...?!" Sakura looked at him in a panic, "w-wait, hang on!"

"Oh, got it!" Naruto nodded in understanding and motioned for Sakura to follow him, "come on Sakura! He's right, you probably have more style than him. What am I saying? You definitely do!"

Sakura blushed madly as she watched Sasuke walk away in the opposite direction. She turned back to look at Naruto, chuckled weakly, and followed him.

"So..." Naruto finally spoke once they reached their homeroom and started pushing the desks into pods and draping them with white tablecloths, "you and Sasuke. That happened so suddenly, I gotta say."

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah..." Sakura clenched the tablecloth and stared at her feet.

"You know, it's hard for Sasuke to make friends and all since he looks like he could be the next Yakuza leader. But deep inside, he's a great guy." He grinned, "I'm glad you see that in him. Most people don't."