🌸 Tomorrow 🌸

[fluff]

"Bye guys!" Naruto waved at the two teammates as he and Kakashi-sensei began walking out the gates of Konoha.

Sakura giggled. Kakashi-sensei was totally on her side. He left her alone with Sasuke for two weeks! Sasuke would definitely fall for her charms by then!

Sasuke frowned. He couldn't believe Kakashi-sensei had chosen Naruto of all people to go with him on his two week mission. He was supposed to be his favorite student, not the dead last!

"Sasuke-kun?" He looked to the side and saw Sakura staring up at him. She looked at her shoes quickly, reddening slightly. "Do you maybe want to come spar with me? I want to practice before Naruto and Kakashi-sensei get back and amaze them."

Sasuke was shocked. Sakura wanted to focus on her shinobi skills? To him, she seemed like a brainless fangirl, who did nothing but swoon over him breathing.

"Okay," he said, surprising himself. "Let's go."

She looked back up, smiling brightly. "Yay! Let's go!" She skipped ahead of him, grinning to herself. This was her chance! She could finally prove to Sasuke that she wasn't a wimpy fangirl!

🌸🌸🌸

Sakura fell to the ground after their fifteenth match, defeated. Sasuke won, like he did the other fourteen. She sighed. Would she ever become a powerful shinobi? She was from a civilian family after all. She didn't have a chance against kekkei genkai like the Sharingan and the Byakugan. Hell, even Ino's mind transfer jutsu could beat her. All she was good at was memorizing things. A tear leaked out of her closed eyes as she lay on her back, defeated.

Sasuke watched her collapse to the ground. He was going to ask her for a rematch, but froze when he saw her tears. What was he supposed to do? He supposed he could ignore her, but Kakashi-sensei and Naruto were both gone and he was with her for any team seven missions. He sighed, and sat down next to her. He sat there for a while pondering what to do as she cried silently.

He spoke after a while."Hey, Sakura?" She sat up and looked at him, blinking away the rest of her tears. "Do you want to get something to eat?"

She brightened, grinning. Was Sasuke finally accepting her feelings? She stopped herself, feeling silly. Of course Sasuke didn't like her. He was just being nice since she was crying, and he was stuck with her for two weeks. "Sure," she replied, standing up. "What do you wanna eat? Can we get dumplings?"

Sasuke stood up as well, nodding in agreement. "Whatever you want." He started walking, Sakura beside him.

Sakura seemed a little calmer than he expected about going out to eat with him, he thought as they walked. This is coming from the girl who fought her friend for him, when he didn't particularly like both of them. She was finally getting over her crush, it seemed. And she was starting to realize how important training is. Before this day, Sasuke had never seen Sakura train willingly.

When they got to the shop, Sakura got her food and went back to Sasuke who was waiting outside. "Don't you want some sweets?" She asked. He shook his head. "Oh yeah, you don't eat sweets. What do you like to eat?"

"Nothing in particular," he replied.

After walking around for a while, Sasuke suddenly looked at the sun. It was setting, he realized, and grabbed Sakura's hand, pulling her into the roofs with him.

Sunsets were his favorite time of day. He would sit with Itachi sometimes, and he would tell him stories about his life as a ninja. Those were his favorite memories with him. Now, if he sat and watched the sunset, he could forget about the clan murdering, and imagine Itachi's soothing voice telling him stories.

Sakura, on the other hand, was baffled. What was Sasuke doing? And why was he doing it with her? She puffed out her cheeks in frustration. When Sasuke raised an eyebrow at her actions, she asked him, "Why are you hanging out with me Sasuke-kun?"

He sighed. "You ask too many questions, Sakura."

When she didn't respond, he looked over at her. She was staring out at the slowly setting sun, thinking.

After a while she spoke. "Do you know why I like you, Sasuke-kun?" She asked him suddenly . She kept talking, not waiting for his response. "In the beginning, I saw you as a gorgeous boy from a prestigious clan. You were like a prince to me. A perfect boy, straight from a fairy tale. And then there was the incident," Sasuke's face darkened a bit. She flinched at his expression, but kept going. "After that, I wanted to help you. To heal you. You seemed so broken, and your eyes had lost that innocent, happy spark they had. I don't exactly know what happened that night, but you changed. And for some reason, I wanted to help you get better. To realize that it's not all about revenge, anger, and hatred. That even you can live a life with happiness and peace. I want to bring that innocent look back into your eyes, that happy look. No matter what I have to do." She lay back, closing her eyes.

Sasuke sat still, pondering what he heard. He had no idea that Sakura's feelings for him were this deep. He has thought she was a mindless girl, lusting after a good looking boy she knew nothing about. He didn't exactly know what to do about it. It's not like he hated Sakura, it's just that she was loud, cheerful, and didn't hesitate to show her feelings, the opposite of him. He was very quiet, liked keeping things to himself, and wasn't very good at conversing with others. Not that he wanted to. All he wanted to do in life is defeat Itachi, nothing more.

But what was he supposed to say? He never had to deal with this before. To ignore it like he usually did would be a total jerk move, and it would be awkward to be on a team with her. He supposed he could just ask her directly.

"What exactly am I supposed to do with this information, Sakura?" He asked her bluntly.

"Well, for starters, you could tell me how you feel about me. And we'll work from there. " She smiled, sitting up. "How do you feel about me, Sasuke?"

"I don't know. It's not hate, the only person I hate is that bastard Itachi, but it's not love either." He told her honestly. He stood up. "Let's go home, it's getting dark."

Sakura smiled to herself. She didn't expect Sasuke to express his undying love for her, or return her feelings in any way, but this was a start. A good start. She stood up as well, dusting off her red dress. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" She asked, jumping down off the roof.

Sasuke watched her leave. "Yeah," he said softly to himself. "Tomorrow." And for the first time in a while, he went to sleep looking forward to the next day.

By Lea_Valdez16