🌸My Queen - Part 3🌸

[royal AU]

Naruto chuckled to himself, "well... I've never seen him before... He looks kind of familiar, though."

"Who is he?"

"I don't know. He's pretty popular with the ladies. He's known as Sasuke. He hasn't given a last name for himself, but rumor has it he's taking your hand in marriage by force."

Sakura laughed, "that's ridiculous... Your dad would never allow that!"

"I mean..." Naruto shrugged, "it's my dad... We could never predict what he's about to do."

"That's what worries me..." Sakura tugged nervously at her hair, "I don't want to marry some random stranger who thinks he can force me to be his wife. I don't even know who he is! Does he have a family name?"

"Well, that's the weird thing. In introducing himself, he only gave a first name. On top of that, it's like he came out of nowhere. No one's ever seen or heard of him before."

"Now that's creepy..." Sakura shivered, "and he thinks he can force me to marry him? What kind of guy is that?!"

"I don't know, but..." Naruto chuckled, "you should stick with me for a while... Until the threats of creepy guys kinda dies down..."

"The more you put it like that, the more stressed I get," Sakura muttered to herself as she crossed her arms and headed towards the back of the building.

"Hey!" Naruto followed close behind, "where do you think you're going?!"

"I'm heading out. Leave me alone, I need some time to think about things by myself."

"Ahh..." He pursed his lips, "I don't know if that's such a good idea..."

"Don't worry, Naruto." She smiled over her shoulder and opened the back door to the garden, "I'll be fine."

"Okay..."

He worries too much. Sakura chuckled and shut the glass door behind her. That idiot... Always worrying about others before himself. So selfless... She smiled and found a spot under a tree to sit down. I know what he'd say if he saw me here, now...

"Sakura!! Princesses shouldn't be sitting on the grass! You'll stain your dress!!"

"That's about accurate..." Sakura laughed.

"What's about accurate?"

Sakura jumped at the sudden voice coming from above her, "geez, you scared me..."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to."

She looked up into the tree and peered into the dark leaves, "who are you?"

"Ah..." A figure came into sight, "you... Probably don't know me."

"Yeah, for the moment." Sakura squinted, "come down so I can at least see your face!"

"N-no."

"Did you just say 'no' to me?!"

"Yes."

She gritted her teeth in annoyance, "why you little..."

"Calm down, Princess. I'm not here to annoy you or mess with you."

"Hmph." Sakura sat down under the tree and shut her eyes, "well what would you be doing here, then?"

"I just wanted to have a friendly chat. You know, just as a friend to a friend."

"We're not friends. Heck, I don't even know who you are, so what makes you think I could trust you?"

"Because..." The voice, clearly male, paused thoughtfully, then chuckled, "yeah, sorry. I can't really give you any good reason to trust me."

"What the heck?!" Sakura looked back up into the tree, "then you shouldn't be here!"

"You're right, but I want to be friends with you. Is that too much to ask?"

Sakura huffed and shut her eyes again, "I don't need friends."

"Oooh, ouch... That hurts."

"I don't care."

"So... Why haven't you called for your guards yet?"

Sakura rolled her eyes, "you're lucky I'm too lazy."

"Heh... You're lazy, or..." He paused and continued teasingly, "are you actually enjoying my company?"

"What if you're just a voice? What if you're just some person I'm hearing in my head?"

"Good point. You could just be going crazy."

She sighed, "you're the insane one."

"So you know I'm real?"

"Yes. I hear you right above me. How do I know you're not holding a sword to my brain right now?"

"Because I said I wanted to be friends, didn't I?"

"How can I trust you?"

The voice didn't respond for a moment, "because I believe in you."

"What does that even mean?"

"That means I know you're fit to be queen."

Sakura stood up and faced the tree, "well, you don't even know me! So how can you say that with such confidence?!"

"Let's just say..." The voice smirked, "you and I go further back than you might think."

She clenched her fists, "that doesn't tell me anything!! You're lying!"

"Well, go see for yourself." The voice chuckled, "your father's inheritance and will, right? You should probably go through it thoroughly. Once you've figured things out, come back around this same time tomorrow."

"Fine, I will! And I'll prove you wrong!" Sakura pointed an accusing finger at the tree and stormed away from the garden.

"Yep... I can't wait."

Sakura headed straight for her room and opened her closet, where the box she'd received at her father's funeral sat in the far corner. She slowly pulled it out, running her finger on the untouched seal. Ever since receiving this, she was too scared to even look at it, so hiding it was her only option. But she finally broke past that fear, broke the seal, and lifted the lid.

"This is..." She reached into the box and pulled out envelopes of un-sent letters, some money, and scraps of notes her dad had taken. But what really caught her eye was the leather-bound book labeled 'Secret', "top-secret information? Maybe that secret about Itachi is in here...?"

With trembling hands, Sakura lifted the cover of the book but froze at the words scrawled on the first page.

"'D-Dear Diary'?! What the hell, this is just my dad's diary?!" Sakura groaned and flipped through the pages and pages of messy hand-writing, "why the heck did that voice want me to find this?"

She read through a few pages until one in particular somehow caught her attention:

"Sakura met a new friend today. I watched as the two of them played hide and seek in the garden, and his favorite hiding spot is in that tall oak tree. I remember that vividly because I just somehow believed that those two would bond so closely, even though he's..."

Sakura squinted but knew she couldn't get past the scribbles that blocked out her dad's words, "his name was scribbled out?! Dang it..." She skimmed the rest of the page, "heh. Tall oak tree. That's where I heard that voice, isn't it? So... He was right. Just a single problem.

I really have no idea who this guy is. How can I trust him?"

Sakura smirked.

"I think I'll take my chances." 

~~~

Random fan of the day: bobber20

Written by xX_Fang_Xx