🌸Her Lie Part 3🌸

[high school AU]

SASUKE

I glanced around the food court, and completely not to my surprise, the dobe hadn't arrived yet.

Figured.

"Sasuke?"

I turned around and immediately recognized the girl. I managed a smile and dug my hands deeper into my pockets, "Sakura."

"Where's Naruto?"

"Not sure. He's always late like this, though. I'm really not surprised."

"Ah. I see."

We awkwardly stood there for a few minutes. I occasionally checked my watch and continually felt guilty for her, that she could very well have a crush on such an irresponsible idiot.

"Do you..." She spoke up, "think we should go ahead and order?"

"Yeah, sure. His loss."

We moved on and found a nice burger place. Decent, not too fancy and not too uptight. We're a casual group of friends, you see. We took our orders and found a small booth for four people, and the two of us awkwardly sat across from each other.

"How's your food?"

"It's good!" Sakura smiled, "I haven't had food like this in a long time!"

I blinked a few times, "have you not... Had cheeseburgers like this before?"

"I mean." She giggled, "I can't afford food like this, normally."

"Normally? This stuff is cheap..."

"Well..." She rubbed her elbow, and I took that as a sign to shut up and keep eating.

"Ah! Sasuke, Sakura! You guys made it!"

"Idiot!" I stood up, "you're late..."

"Whoops, how long have you guys been here?"

"A good thirty minutes."

"Were we supposed to meet at four? I thought four thirty.... Whoops. My bad." He chuckled nervously and sat down next to Sakura. He leaned over and took a small French fry from her tray, "you guys got some good food?"

"Mhm." Sakura smiled, "really good."

"Sorry to make you guys wait." He apologized, "we can go shopping after this."

"Sure." I wiped my mouth with a napkin and dropped it onto my empty tray, with the exception of soggy fries.

"So what'd you guys talk about?"

"Nothing much." Sakura looked down at her food, "we didn't want to do too much without you."

"Aw, you're so sweet!" Naruto giggled. I honestly don't see what any girl could see in him. That wasn't entirely the reason why we didn't talk all that much, but sure. Let's just play along with that.

"I hope Sasuke wasn't boring your brains out. He can be pretty boring most times."

"Shut up."

"He's really friendly." Sakura smiled at me, "and very polite, too."

Really? That's a first.

"Eh. He's okay." Naruto shrugged, "Sasuke's not normally like this, honestly. Who knew you'd be such a good influence on the idiot?"

"Oh? Who's the idiot here?"

"Obviously you." Naruto exclaimed with a large mouthful of fries he stole from me, "you've just been acting differently, and quite frankly, I don't really like it. Go back to being the brooding Sasuke I once knew, please."