🌸blood red eyes🌸

[Harry Potter AU]

When writing a story, you want to start with the ending. The ending always comes comes first. It's the same way in life. You don't just go with the flow. You don't just have no ending. You may not know your full ending yet, but I'll tell you a for sure ending; death. The one thing that is inevitable for everyone, well . . . except for him.

He is the only one who is able to escape death. It's not because he's immortal, or a god. It's quite the opposite really. He's a dying devil. Dying in the sense of body and devil in the sense of being truly horribly malicious.

I do not know much about him. But I know to stay away from him and to never name him. He is a dangerous being. And is feared almost as much as god, just almost.

If you are smart you will stay away from him. Unfortunately, not everyone is smart enough to do this one simple things. My best friend for example is one of those people who can't stop doing the opposite of what he's told to do.

My best friend is an idiot. And I don't mean it as a compliment or a complaint. It's just a fact, one that can not be avoided. He's a blonde idiot, period. Always rushing into the face of danger. And the cat-like-whiskers on his cheeks stand out in the crowd, telling them that he's the chosen one; the savior. Sometimes I wish he wasn't the chosen one.

I didn't want him to die being the chosen one. I didn't want him to leave me. After all, we've been through so much together, especially during our time in Hogwarts.

━━☆

Hogwarts is one of the biggest schools of wizardry and witchcraft known in history. I was lucky enough to get a letter from them. My best friend, Naruto, was there with me too.

Over there, it wasn't the potion formulas or spells or whatnot that I was afraid of, it wasn't the people or me failing. But it was the sorting hat. I was afraid that I won't see my Naruto over there. That we'd be separated from each other. That'd we'd drift apart.

I was so glad when the sorting hat had said, "Sakura Haruno . . . gryffindor." My smile was so big at that moment. Gryffindor was the same house that Naruto was sorted into.

And that was when I saw him, the boy with the red eyes. Red . . . the color of blood, but at the same time it's the color of love. Red is such a hypocritical color, don't you think? It symbolizes anger, blood and love at the same. Red is the color of so many things. It's annoying.

━━☆

I saw the boy with the red eyes a lot during my time in Hogwarts. We had a lot of classes together, him, me and Naruto. But he's a Slytherin, and most Slytherin are bad.

The Slytherin House is full of people who will do anything to get what they want. They are creatures of the snake, cunning and ambitious.

The boy with the red eyes was not like how I imagined him to be. He wasn't a bad boy like I thought he would be. Instead, he's quiet and secluded and his eyes are dull and lifeless.

He fights with Naruto a lot. And during those fights his eyes aren't lifeless, they're not dull. But they are full of anger, I can see it as they throw spells and punches at each other, not stopping until one of the Professors drag them away from each other.

Naruto finds out he's an Uchiha, he told me that one day. Just out of the blue. We were eating lunch when he said, "Sasuke is an Uchiha."

Sasuke, the boy with the red eyes, is an Uchiha.

"He's a tainted one too," Naruto continued.

I had asked him how he knew that Sasuke was a tainted.

"His eyes are red. They call it the sharingan. Only runs in the Uchiha family and being tainted only runs in their family too. An act of bloody love leads to being tainted. And being tainted gives them the sharingan," Naruto explained.

"So he killed someone."

Naruto shook his head and said, "No. He saw someone he loved die."

I asked him how he knew that. I never got an answer.

━━☆

Somehow, Sasuke and I started spending more time together. Not through school projects or anything. But through actual words and no outside forces.

He doesn't talk much about his personal life, nor does he talk much about anything, but that's okay. I guess I do all the talking for the two I us. He's a good listener and will throw in pieces of good advice here and there.

I begin to debate about the color of his eyes. In what sense are they red?

━━☆

The one who we do not name begins showing up us. Not while we are at school, but at home, while we're on break. At first it began with small things, like petty pranks and stuff. But then they turned bigger.

People were killed and children were kidnapped and maimed, when they were found they all had the same branding; the symbol of the Deathly Hallows marked into their forehead.

We didn't know what to do. After so many years of peace, came destruction. The school was put down on a lockdown mode. Beside the professors, no one was aloud to come in or out. There were no classes.

I didn't see much of the boy with the red eyes during that time, but when I next saw him, I knew he would be my ending.

And I knew that his eyes were blood red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Harry Potter AU oneshot requested by: _jadebrunswick_

Written by perfectlyinsane-