🌸Legends Part 3🌸

[Naruto AU, angst]

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

Sarada glanced at her two parents as they dryly greeted each other the next morning. She didn't see anything. No sparks, no hugs, no kisses, no signs of love. How blind have I been all my life...?

She slammed her hands down on the table and stood up, "What's going on?!"

"Sarada..." Sasuke stared at her.

"Sarada, calm down." Karin set her hands on Sarada's shoulder, but she only shoved her hands away.

"I don't know what's going on between you two, but something's clearly up! No one will tell me who Sakura Haruno is, and--"

"Don't." Sasuke glared at her, "don't say that name..."

His cold tone immediately shut Sarada up. It scared her to see him like this, but without saying another word, tears escaped her eyes, "P-Papa... Why can't you tell me anything? Who is she?! Why don't you love Mom like any husband would love his wife?!"

"Sarada..." Karin looked at her, then looked at Sasuke.

"It..." Sasuke looked away sadly, "it has nothing to do with you."

"That's not--!" Sarada froze.

"Please don't make things hard on him. He's been through things you couldn't imagine."

The look on Sasuke's face. At the sound of that name, it seemed someone pierced him with a sword. He was so in pain, and if he weren't as stoic as he was, he would be crying. She constrained herself and sighed, "fine. Never mind. I'm going."

Karin reached to grab her, "wait, Sarada!"

Sarada ran out the door before Karin could stop her.

"Let her go... "Sasuke replied quietly as Karin turned back to look at him.

"Sasuke, I'll go talk to--"

"No need." Sasuke cut her off, "I'm heading out."

"Where?"

"I need to talk to someone."

Karin watched as Sasuke left the house and headed in the direction away from the village, the route he normally takes. She smiled and crossed her arms, "of course you need to go talk to her..."

____________________

"Where is he?!" Sarada paced back and forth in the training fields. She waited there with the hopes to run into her Papa when he goes there to train with Boruto.

"Sarada? Is that you?" Boruto called, "what are you doing here?"

"Where's Papa?"

"Hm?" Boruto blinked a few times, "He's not here. He said to take today off because he needed to go talk to someone."

"Of course he did..." Sarada gritted her teeth, "shanaroo, I need to go find him."

Boruto stared at her, "well, see ya."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. I don't really feel inclined to help you out, here. After yesterday." He glared at her before leaving.

What a pain... Sarada glanced around, then recognized the dark hair and dark cloak just past the trees, "what's he doing out there?"

She quickly followed him from a good distance away, making sure to hide every time he glanced back in her direction. Within minutes, she found herself in front of a hidden hideout, a little bit outside the village. She crept through the door and stuck to the wall, finding her way through the dark hallway. Soon, she spotted a door only a crack open, a light streaming through the cracks. She stood just close enough to hear the voice from the room, but when she stopped, she heard nothing. She slowly peeked in and recognized Sasuke's black cloak. The next action she saw shocked her. She hadn't seen it before, not even among him and Karin, but the next person she saw was a woman sleeping in a bed at the back of the room, a lamp dimly lit at her bedside. Sarada watched as her Papa walked up to the woman and wrapped his arm around her, kissing the top of her head. Then she knew. There was no one in the world that had pink hair like the little girl in the photo. The moment she recognized the pink hair on this woman's head, she knew. Sarada held back the excited gasp she had.