🌸Confession Part-1🌸

[sweet]

Uchiha Sasuke finally thought that it would be good for himself to admit his feelings to a certain pink-haired kunoichi and decided to go home. To her. Somehow, somewhere, buried in his heart, was a feeling which he knew all too well. Even if Naruto had always told him that he'd bring him home, the home he always referred to was Sakura.

A couple of years ago, he finally acknowledged them, but the only thing he had the courage to do was the signature forehead poke his brother used to do. He knew that even that poke would make her blush, after all he did see it for himself.

A couple of months ago, when he was suspected of being allied with a criminal organisation, he didn't pay attention. But when they kidnapped her, he tracked down their base and rushed with both eyes spinning wildly and his sword unsheathed.

During his fight against the ninja guarding the base, the ground shook violently a few times. He knew, that something was up. If she used her monstrous strength, then she had definitely been provoked. Despite being away from her for the longest time, they shared a private bond. And no matter how hard Sasuke tried to end it, she kept it alive. She nurtured that bond and it finally crept up to his head.

She might have not realized it, but he was a slave to her feelings no matter how cold and distant people assumed him to be. So one day, when he was having his umpteenth dream about her, it backfired with her introducing him to a man whom she referred to as her husband. He soon found himself with his eyes spinning wildly and his sword channeling electric current.

He had lost a considerable amount of chakra just because of that horrifying dream. Heaven forbid, if she got involved with another man. If she did, that man would be dead within a short while. But if she fell in love with that guy, she would hate him. Mustering up his courage he headed for Konoha.

At the gates of Konoha, he was welcomed by the only one he had been thinking about for the past two and a half years. 'Welcome Home, Sasuke-kun'. Those words cleared away all his doubts. He wanted to come home. To her. Her words and smiles always felt like a warm blanket protecting him from the freezing coldness of the darkness he was once in. After a minute or so, and ANBU appeared and whispered something into her ear. Her face turned grave and she left after giving him a 'bye'. That word was like a slap across his face, but he concealed his sadness and continued walking.

He was supposed to give a report on the updates on his mission. So, he headed for the Hokage's office. Just as he was about to knock, Sakura opened the door from inside and stormed outside. Sasuke noticed that she kept on looking at the paper in her hands with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. But the one thing that caught his attention was the fact that she didn't spare him a glance. She just stormed out of the office with that paper without a care of her surroundings. And by her surroundings, internally, he meant himself.

Naruto came out of the office, he greeted Sasuke with a slap on the back.

"Teme, did you see Sakura-chan?" He grinned.

"Yeah..."

"You said something mean, didn't you?"

"She didn't even look at me." Sasuke blatantly replied.

"Did you say something to her before you left?"

"Not much."

"Well teme, if you're gonna accept her, you better do it quickly. You'll lose your chance with those noisy fans and all. Oh Hinata-chan!! " Naruto greeted the long-haired woman.

"Naruto-kun! Sasuke-san!" The lavender-eyed woman greeted the two men. Sasuke gave a curt nod in acknowledgement.

"Did you see Sakura-chan?" The woman looked at the Uchiha. By the time he turned his face to look at her, Naruto had beat him to the reply.

"Sakura-chan went past him without even looking at him. Teme, if you're gonna be all cold and frosty, how will you ever date her?"

"Sakura-chan, she didn't look at you? Is she planning to accept one of those proposals?" Naruto didn't notice it, but Hinata knew that her words had an effect on Sasuke and his slightly wide eyes were proof.

"Woah!! Teme, she's gonna dump you." Sasuke froze. Naruto had finally noticed the gloomy aura Sasuke emitted and made his escape with Hinata.

"Is somebody gonna come in or will I have to close the door?" The Hokage spoke from his office and Sasuke came back to reality. He entered the office and closed the door behind him.

"Sasuke! Any updates?" Kakashi crossed his hands across his chest.

"Later. What are these proposals?" Sasuke slammed his hand on the table.

"What proposals?"

"I know you heard everything."

"Ah well! Have you heard of Shikamaru and Temari?"

"What has that got to do with Sakura?"

"That's just an example. Temari is the eldest child of the fourth Kazekage and the sister of the fifth. She is going to be married to Shikamaru who has considerable political influence in Konoha. This is going to strengthen the alliance between Suna and Konoha."

"Just how is their marriage connected to Sakura?"

"Sakura is the apprentice of the Lady Tsunade, one of the first sannin and the fifth Hokage, a student from the sixth Hokage's genin squad, and one of the second sannin. She has had a role in politics ever since he became Lady Tsunade's disciple and over the years it has only grown. Honestly, she's more qualified to become Hokage than me."

"..."

"She's been getting proposals for political marriages since she was, I think, 16."

"What the..."

"I got to know that the fifth made sure to decline them all during her reign. Sasuke, if you're going to be in Konoha for a couple of months, be sure to attend her wedding. Now, shoo shoo. I've got work to do." With that, the sixth Hokage kicked him out of the office. Sasuke knew that Kakashi was trying to make him jealous and Sakura storming away without a glance didn't help him either. But as soon as he was out of the office, he met the face of Naruto.

"Teme." The blonde had a wide grin etched on his face.

"What?"

"Sakura-chan has already refused political marriages from people whom she doesn't know." At Naruto's reply, Sasuke let out a sigh of relief. "But if you don't make a move, then I'll force her to get married to one of the people she knows." The two of them looked at each other with serious expressions.

"Gaara or Chojuro, the Mizukage's successor. I'll make her marry one of them. I won't allow her to wallow for an unreciprocated love. You might be her first love, but I'll make sure that you won't be the last. So decide for yourself, because if I hear that you left the village without actually doing something, then the next time you're here, she'll be married. Believe it." With those words Naruto left.

----------

Written by NaTsuMe_SenJu

Hello, this is my first story, hope you like it. I think everybody understands that the plot begins after The Last, Sakura Hiden and Sasuke Shinden. Well, that's all folks. Love you and stay tuned for the second part.