🌸Three Bouquets🌸

[angst]

1.
Baby's breath, that was the first bouquet she had received on her wedding day. It was a simple and strange bouquet. Small and paired with no other flower. Found on her seat, with no card on top of it, gave her no way to figure out who had gotten it for her.

She liked—no loved the flower, there was no doubt about it. But she doesn't know who had gotten it for her and that is what's bothering her. She doesn't like leaving questions unanswered.

⚬⚬⚬

"Baby's breath?"

"Yeah."

"What's special about it?"

"Hmm?"

"Well . . . . You must have chosen that specific flower for some reason. So, what's the reason?"

"One of the many things the symbolize is everlasting and undying love."

"Oh, I understand now."

2.
Ten minutes after receiving the baby's breath, she found a bouquet of dahlia flowers on the back of her chair.

She had gotten up to talk to some of the guests and when she came back she saw it. A bouquet of dahlia flowers attached to the ribbon tied around her chair.

Once again, she doesn't know who the bouquet is from. And once again there is no card attached to the bouquet.

She wants to know who these flowers are from.

Curiosity killed the cat . . . .

⚬⚬⚬

"Dahlias."

"Yes."

"Why."

"They symbolize a commitment and bond that lasts forever."

"You're so committed to her that you won't ever date again?"

"No, not like that. It's different."

"How?"

3.
The third and final bouquet that she received that day was filled with leucadendrons. There were no other flowers placed in with the leucadendrons. They were just there, alone. But this time it was different.

She didn't receive the flowers on the table or on a chair or by a friend. But instead she found them in her hands and somehow for some reason she doesn't know how they got there.

No one had came up to her and handed them to her. Nor did she feel anyone putting open her hands to place the bouquet between her fingers. It was as if she was holding them in her hands the whole. It was like magic.

She doesn't like—not the flowers, she loves the flowers—no she doesn't like it. She doesn't like not knowing. She doesn't like not knowing who is giving her these flowers. She doesn't like not knowing how the bouquet of leucadendrons got in her hands.

Curiosity may have killed the cat . . . but that was because the cat never found out the cure to his curiosity.

⚬⚬⚬

"Leucadendrons?"

"Mm-hmm."

"What do they mean?"

"Simple—"

"Never mind. I know what they mean."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"First, let me get a few things sorted out."

"Fine."

"You got her the baby's breath because you'll never stop loving her."

"Yes."

"And the dahlias because your love for her is like a bond that will lasts forever?"

"I never knew you would've figured out this stuff, considering your stupidness when it comes to relationships and love."

"Hey! What do you mean by that!"

"It means you're an idiot, Naruto."

"I hate you."

"I know."

"Last but not least, the leucadendrons. You got her those because they mean simple beauty and a loss in life?"

"Yes."

"Simple beauty, 'cause her wedding dress is simple and that enhances her beauty."

"Mm-hmm."

"Okay. So then what do you mean by a loss in life?"

"I lost her. Forever."

"Huh?"

"I'm too late. She's with someone else now, someone who makes her happy."

"Why didn't you stop the wedding then?"

"Like I said, I'm too late. She may not love me anymore, but I still do."

"Sasuke."

"What?"

"Everything will work out on the end."

"I doubt it."

~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by Illu_sions

Written by perfectlyinsane-