🌸 His Return 🌸

[fluff]

Super short One-Shot but I wanted to at least post SOMETHING. Hope you guys enjoy ❤️

White blankets of snow littered the pathway the lone shinobi walked upon. The cold winter breeze running through his now grown out hair. His cloak blowing towards the east, as his body moved towards the north in his only destination he had in mind.

It had to be well past midnight; crickets covered in the snow chriping loudly, owls hooting giving an eerie feeling to the somewhat beautiful scenery before him. Warm clouds contrasting against the cold air with every exhale he took.

He walked with a purpose; with meaning. He had tunnel vision. All he saw was his home. The smell of a good home cooked meal. Ivory skin, petite frame, pouty lips and pointy nose. Those warm emerald irises and the pastel pink hair that brushed against her cheeks and kissed her shoulders. Most of all, her annoying voice. The most annoying voice he'd ever fall in love with; he couldn't deny that.

Bypassing the gates, bypassing those who roamed his village happily. Talking; adventuring. He turned onto the residential area of the village and continued on his way. For what seemed like an eternity but was only five minutes, he reached his destination. Slowly walking up the stone steps, he took in an anxious sigh. His heart beating so hard in his chest he heard it. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he stared at the wooden door.

Do it you idiot. He thought to himself. Knock.

Raising his hand out of his cloak, he drew his fist inches from the door and stopped. Drawing his eyebrows together, he closed his eyes and frowned.

You're such a coward. He thought to himself again feeling the lump forming in his throat once more. Swallowing it down, he pushed his anxieties aside and have the door a hard knock.

Silence.

An exhale.

Then a shuffle from the other side of the door.

A lock turning. Then a creaky noise as the door pulled open.

"Y-Yes?" A voice coos that caused his breath to get caught in his throat. Using his lone hand, he pushed his hood off his head. This time, it was the other person who's breath got caught.

"S-Sas-uke." They speak breathlessly.

"Sakura." He replies, his obsidian irises meeting her surprised emeralds. "I—I'm home." He steps closer to her, extending his hand to touch her. His hand found it's way to her cheek, using his thumb to graze her smooth, delicate skin. He searched her eyes for any indication that she was still his; that she didn't move on in the time he'd been gone.

Sakura sunk into his touch, her eyes never leaving his. This—This was the moment she'd always waited for. For him to come home. Reaching her hand up, she touched his. She removed his hand from her face and held it in hers; their gaze never breaking.

"Sasuke, Welcome home."

"Thank you, Sakura."

By: hoekahgay 🎋