🌸Massacre🌸

[fluff]

"No," he mumbled in his sleep, "No. Nii-San, stop it. Don't you-"

He has now broken into a full scream.

"ITACHI, NO! KAA-SAN! TOU-SAN!"

Kakashi-Sensei was already awake long before then. In fact, he'd been up all night reading Icha Icha Paradise, but was unsurprised when another member of Team Seven awoke.

"Kakashi-Sensei?" The young, pink haired girl whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Is Sasuke-kun going to be alright?"

He averted his gaze to the distressed boy for a moment.

Sasuke was shaking and crying in his sleep.

"He'll be ok, don't worry. Now go back to sleep, we are on an important mission that we need to wake up early for."

"But are you sure, Kakashi-Sensei?," she questioned, "He doesn't look very ok at the moment."

Kakashi closed his book and sighed lightly. Hints of his sad expression were visible through his mask. His eyes were slightly glazed over, but he quickly shook it away.

He rested a hand on Sakura's shoulder.

"He'll be ok. I'm sure of it,"

He unfortunately knew of Sasuke's pain too well.

...

Sakura did as she was told and went back to sleep.

Well, not really 'sleep' but kind of just laying there aimlessly watching the stars. She found it difficult to try and sleep when her crush was obviously lying there in a lot of pain.

It still broke her heart ever so slightly every time she heard his pained whimpers.

She looked over at him for a second, to realise that he too was awake.

"Sasuke-kun?" she whispered.

The boy quickly closed his eyes to look as if he was sleeping, but his flushed cheeks tinted pink with embarrassment told Sakura otherwise.

"Give me your hand," Sakura commanded.

And for some reason, he did.

She lightly rubbed her thumb across the back of his hand, drawing random little patterns.

"What are you-"

"My mom used to do this for me whenever I had a nightmare, and I thought that maybe it would help," she smiled.

Sasuke turned to face her.

"How did you know that I had a nightmare?"

The Haruno hesitated. Would telling him make it worse? But would not telling him be worse than actually telling him?

"You were screaming and shaking," she said, putting it quite bluntly, "Kakashi-Sensei said you'd be okay, but I wasn't sure. I wanted to make sure you were okay myself."

"Just don't tell anyone, okay?"

"I won't."

For a while there was a peaceful silence, the only sounds being the cracking of wood as the fire they used to cook their dinner slowly started to burn out, and animals rustling about deeper into the woods.

Sakura and Sasuke were lying on their backs, gazing up at the sky above.

Even the Uchiha was surprised that he was still awake, responding to the company that she was giving him.

"It's a beautiful night isn't it?" The pinkette asked, finally breaking the silence.

The boy glanced at her and smirked.

"Yeah, it is. I used to stargaze with- never mind." He stopped talking when happiness flashed to anger.

Sakura shot him a sorrowful glance.

He noticed.

"No, no, Sakura, I'm fine. Really."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," he hummed.

The two lay in silence once more. The already dim fire was getting dimmer, and the sky was showing hints of getting brighter.

The oldest of the two yawned.

"Go to sleep," Sasuke smiled.

"Will you be okay?"

The boy nodded.

So Sakura turned over, and let her eyes close so she could fall into a slumber.

"I will always be ok if I have you by my side," Sasuke whispered, smiling because he knows Sakura heard that.

~~~

🌸🌸🌸
By Roaringtides