🌸Swimming Freestyle - Rivals Part 3🌸

[swimming AU, funny]

"Hey, Sasuke."

Sasuke turned to the voice and grinned, "hey. Long time no see."

"No kidding." The man grinned a toothy grin, his teeth like shark's teeth, "so, ready to get started?"

"Yeah."

_____________________________

"Sakura, your exchanges are sloppy. You need to get more in sync with Tanaki."

"Right, sorry." Sakura pressed her goggles tighter against her face and stepped back onto the starting block.

"Is she okay?" Kakashi looked at Naruto, "what's going on with her?"

"Sasuke's been gone. You don't think that could contribute to most of it?" Naruto rolled his eyes, "c'mon Kakashi-Sensei. Why didn't you stop Sasuke when you had the chance? I mean, you are his teacher! Do you even have any idea of what he's doing right now?"

"I do have... Some idea..."

Kakashi watched as Sakura dove into the water a second too late from when Tanaki slapped the wall. He sighed, "Sakura, come here for a second."

Sakura followed Kakashi past the lanes of other swimmers and stood in front of him as he sat down on the first bleacher, "something wrong?"

"I was going to ask you the same question." He peered up at her, "look, just because Sasuke's gone doesn't give you a reason to slack off. You still have a tournament to swim, and you're going to swim whether you like it or not."

"Who's making me?"

"Me. As your coach, as well as Tanaki, Sai, and Naruto as your teammates. Not to mention the entire Village. You're going to let us all down if you don't get your head back into the game. We have two more days until the tournament. So I suggest you get your head screwed back on the right way and get back into the water with us."

Sakura stared at the ground, "there's no point."

"What?"

"Since Sasuke left... My motivation to swim... It's just been gone. I don't know what it is, but..."

Kakashi sighed, "the idea of never swimming with him ever again?"

She scoffed, "that's not it."

Silence.

"Lies."

Sakura looked away, "yeah, so what..."

"I can assure you..." Kakashi smirked, "you'll be swimming together."

"What are you saying?! He's gone!"

"Not completely." Kakashi crossed his arms, "he's still in Konoha, but he's swimming for a different team. Taka."

"Taka?"

"Yeah. He's swimming relay with them. They're some of his past teammates before he met you or Naruto. He's got a pretty strong team, actually."

"Well..." Sakura chewed on her thumbnail, "so, I'm not swimming with him on the same team... We're competing against each other?"

Kakashi shrugged, "I know you two are in a deep hole right now, but honestly, if that's not motivation, then I don't know what is."

Sakura chuckled, an evil grin played its way to her lips, "well... Let's just say I'm getting all fired up right now..."

_____________________________