🌸Our Time🌸

[angst]

Why am I cursed?

Sakura wonders to herself. She felt the tears threatening to fall down her face. One drop at her arm, she glared at that arm. Numbers. A bunch of numbers is what she see.

She looked around her surroundings, numbers. She muffled her sobs, wiping the tears away that fell one by one. New fresh tears replaced it immediately. Why am I cursed?

She couldn't stand the pain she is feeling right now. People are looking at her weirdly, but she didn't care one bit. All of us are gonna die anyway.

Sakura stood up, walked out of the Cafe and went to who knows where. She kept on walking, don't know where to go. She didn't want to stay in that place. Not when she knows a child is about to lose her life.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1

And then she heard it, the screams. The screams of people who witnessed the death of a little girl. She clenched her fist. I must stay strong.

She stopped. This place... She knows this place very well. The first time she saw it. Those numbers. She walked towards the bench. She cringed at the sight, it was covered in dirt and stuff she cannot name. It was forgotten.

She couldn't blame it though, the whole park is abandoned and forgotten. No one else comes here except for her. Many believe that this place was cursed. Everyday, someone would die. And she saw them all. From young to old.

Why am I cursed?

She took her phone out when it vibrated. Sasuke... She hesitated in answering. Do I need to?

She turned it off, he knows where I am. A few moments later, he arrived. He really knows me.

He stood next to her with a hint of sorrow in his eyes. "They... they didn't know..." Sakura cried. I'm so damn weak. She couldn't do anything to save that child, she can't stop death.

Sasuke went to hug her, calming her with soothing words. When he let go, she cried harder than before. She saw it. Numbers. He was about to reach out for her again when she took a step back. Why am I cursed?

"Why? Why does it have to be me!? Why can't it be anyone else!?" she screamed in pain. All her life she has been asking the same damn question.

He stayed silent, not knowing what to say. I can't help her. Then he felt it, the sharp pain in his head. But he remain calm, she is suffering right now and he couldn't afford to make it worse. The pain disappeared quickly. Thank goodness.

He wanted to ask her, wanted to know how much time he has left. No... I can't. If only he can feel the pain she is feeling right now, to see those numbers. To know when death is coming.

The weight on her shoulders felt so heavy. She cried everyday but the tears won't stop. It kept on pouring and pouring like an endless rain. She wants it to stop. To stop seeing those cursed numbers. She reached out for Sasuke's arm, 552:23:10.

"How much time do I have left?" She didn't want to answer. 553:22:43. "Sakura?" he called out for her.

Sakura held both of his hands in hers, she stared at those beautiful eyes of his. So dark and mysterious yet full of sadness. "23 days" she felt like she said a cursed word, but it is cursed.