🌸 Constant Nightmares [Part 1] 🌸

[angst, minor Sarada, fluff]

   Sakura tosses and turns, her hair is a rated nest now as she sleeps. She flinched every so often, getting scared from what was going on in her dreams.

   No..they're not dreams..they're nightmares..

   The pinkette was running through a house, it was dark. She could barely see anything. But she could see enough to get her bearings right.

   Someone was chasing her. She heard their footsteps behind her. She didn't know where she was or why..but she wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. She didn't hear the footsteps anymore so she ran into an empty room. Sakura slammed the door, her heavy breathing being the only sound in the silent room.

   She slid down the door, immediately hugging her knees. Tears streamed down her face as she began to silently cry. She buried her face in her knees, she didn't want to know why she was there, all she wanted to know was how to get out of the damn place.

   But then...

   She heard a squeak from the corner of the room. The sound caused her to look up, she regretted her decision immediately. A knife came at her quickly.

   Without hesitation, Sakura jolted upward. She screamed a blood curdling scream. The pinkette was drenched in sweat as she sobbed uncontrollably. The man next to her jumped as he laid up, turning to Sakura with worry in his eyes. "Sakura!" He yelled as he wrapped her in a hug. He knew what was wrong. He knew that she had the same nightmare every night. He figured that it was finally time to get her some help.

   Sakura hugged her husband back as she cried into his shoulder. He stroked her hair soothingly, trying to calm her down. It worked and her sobs were reduced to light sniffles.

   Then, the baby monitor went off with their child's cries. Sasuke sighed as he was about to get up, Sakura stopped him by grabbing his arm. "I'll do it. You get some rest."

   "But Sakura-"

   "No buts. Lay back down." Sasuke lost the battle against his wife. She kissed his forehead lightly then he laid back down.

   Sakura left their bedroom as she went across the hall to their baby's room. Her cries getting louder as Sakura approached. Once the young girl saw her mother, she reached out. Extending and curling her fingers. This made Sakura smile, "How is my baby?" She asked as she still cried.

   Sakura leaned down into the crib and picked up the small child. "What's the matter now Sarada?" The loving mother asked as Sarada continuously cried out. Then she smelled the familiar putrid smell. "Yuck! You need to be changed." She said as her face twisted in disgust.

   The pinkette flipped on the lights and her eyes immediately burned from how bright it was. She placed Sarada on the changing station and began changing her with care. "Wow, you're a stinky baby.." She laughed lightly. Sarada giggled, her cries have faded and now she was a happy baby.

   "It's time for mommy to go to bed, so Sarada has to as well.." Sakura whispered lightly. She laid Sarada back into the crib and kissed her forehead. "Mommy loves you."

   Sakura turned and shut the lights off before leaving the room. The pinkette walked into her own room and sighed, she was exhausted. "Tired?" She heard a voice say.

   It was Sasuke's

   Sakura jumped at the sound of her husband. "Oh..Sasuke. I thought you went to bed already." She said as she laid down on the bed next to him.

   He wrapped her in his arms. "Not without you." The ravenette kissed Sakura's cheek as they both settled in for, hopefully, the final time tonight.

   The next morning was going to be eventful. When Sasuke rose early in the morning he called a therapists office and they gladly made them an appointment. The ravenette was making their morning coffee and Sakura was at the table feeding Sarada. "What time is the appointment?" Sakura asked.

   Sasuke walked over to the table with the coffee mugs in his hands. He set Sakura's down on the table as he sat himself in his chair. "They fit us in at eleven. So don't take too long." The ravenette said to his wife.

   Sakura nodded as she continued to feed her baby. She frowned slightly. "Do you really think this will help me?" She asked lightly, looking up at Sasuke.

   The ravenette looked at his wife as he took a sip from his coffee, "They will at least find out whats wrong and hopefully they'll put you on some good medication." Sasuke drawled in a long breath and exhaled slowly.

   His wife chuckled, "I'm sure they will." Sakura was sure that they were going to be able to help. She smiled lightly as she gave Sarada a spoonful of her baby food.

   Sasuke had his doubts.

   He sighed, "I mean, if you're so sure. Maybe its just stress or anxiety. Hopefully."

   "Hopefully" His wife repeated.

   Sarada gurgled which made the couple laugh. "Sarada agrees." Sasuke points out.

   "Come on Sakura! I don't want to be late for you appointment!" Sasuke tapped his foot as he stood at the door. "We also have to drop Sarada off at Ino and Sai's!" He checked his watch impatiently.

   He could hear Sakura groan from upstairs. "Give me just a few more seconds, we'll be fine!" Sasuke then groaned lightly. "I know Sarada.." Sakura tried to mutter, but failed "Daddy is overreacting." She talked to her baby.

   Sasuke deadpanned. "I can hear you, Sakura."

   "Good."

   Sasuke groaned once again as Sakura came bouncing down the stairs. "You love me." She stated as she kissed his cheek and walked out the door with Sarada in her carrier.

   "Do I?"

   Sakura giggled. "Of course you do. That's why we're married."

   Sasuke scoffed, "Not for long." He muttered.

   "What was that, Sasuke?"

   "Nothing."

   The car ride to Ino's house was just silent between the two. Sasuke turned on the radio and I song they both knew came on. Both of them smiled as they glanced at each other. Sasuke looked back at the road and they immediately started yelling the lyrics all the way to Ino's house. The song ended as they pulled into the driveway. The platinum blonde came running out of her house and glomped Sakura in a hug. "Ino. Help. Can't. Breath." The pinkette struggled to get out. Ino apologized and took Sarada from her friend once Sakura had got her out of the car. "We have to go now, my appointment starts soon."

   "Heh, well it was good seeing you. We'll take good care of your baby girl."  Sai then walked up beside Ino and wrapped his arm around her waist. Sakura kissed Sarada on the forehead before getting back into the car. She rolled down the window as the two pulled out of the driveway.

   "Thanks guys." She waved to the couple as her and Sasuke drove away, rolling the window up soon after.

   Sasuke sighed. "You ready?"

   Sakura sighed as well before looking at her husband.

   "I'm ready."

-ImperfectlyInfinite