🌸Criminal - Part 1🌸

[criminal AU]

"Catch him!"

"I'm being framed!! You've got the wrong guy! I never stole anything!"

"If that's the case, why are you still running?!"

"I don't know!"

I guess that's how my life was destined to be. I was set up for a crime I didn't even commit: A stolen eraser from the school store. From there on out, that's all I was seen as.

A thief.

Well, they were wrong... Before the chalk from the classrooms started going missing. A week later, the milk from the cafeteria fridges suddenly vanished. And before we even knew it, the crown for Prom King was lost. Ha. More like stolen.

By me.

That was high school, though. In college, I majored in forensic science and learned the ins and outs of following a criminal's trail. Well, to this day, neither school has figured out how the school banners went missing. And it's all thanks to me. By pure accident and what merely started as a prank turned me into the world's greatest thief. Of course, no one knows that yet. It'll stay that way, too, if I want to keep my butt out of jail.

"Hey, kid."

I looked up from my phone on which played the latest episode of a certain murder mystery anime, "you talking to me?"

"Yeah. What's your name?"

I instinctively shut my phone off, "Sasuke Uchiha, sir."

"You look like a smart young man with a lot of time on your hands."

I took in my surroundings and deducted that he was about accurate on all aspects of his assumption. I'm a straight-A student with a degree and nothing else in life to do except sit outside the boy's dorms on campus and watch anime.

"Care to work for an old man for a bit?"

I weighed the pros and cons in my head for a millisecond before asking the real question, "how much do you pay?"

"Oh, not much."

That's not going to cut it, "I'm sorry. Maybe you'll find services elsewhere."

"But... Mr. Uchiha. There's no one quite like you."

"Well, that's pretty bold." I slowly felt more and more uncomfortable with this conversation, "do I know you or something?"

He only looked at me and gestured for me to follow. For some reason, I did, and the last-minute decision led me to stand at a dead-end of an alley far off campus.

"Hey! What's the big idea?!"

"I know who you are."

The gray-haired man started and pointed a finger at me.

"H-how do you know who I am?"

"You're Sasuke Uchiha. The Crimson Thief."

My eyes opened wide at this sudden assumption, "h-hold on, what?! I'm no thief! I mean..."

"Shoplifting, theft, you've committed them all but never been accused. You practically live on stolen items. So..." He lowered his voice to a stern whisper, "I'm offering you an opportunity to become a professional thief undercover for me."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Is this a joke? No. A test. He's with the police and trying to see if I give in. Yeah right, "you got me. Listen, sir, this is a big misunderstanding. I don't steal--"

Just as I spoke, what looked like a blade the length of my upper arm flew past my face and pierced the brick behind my head.

"What the heck was that?!"