🌸Home🌸

[modern AU, angst, fluff]

The bells rang, signalling everyone that classes has finally came to its pitiful end.

I've always been fond of studying. So, it kind of saddens me a little every time classes are dismissed.

Another thing is, home.

I always wonder when would I feel like it's home.

That place, or house where I go by or go home to, sleep and eat and rest. The house where I finish my homeworks and where I have always felt so, blank and empty.

I don't have the right to get mad at my parents. They've done their part. They've done what they thought was the most exclusive way for me to live freely and happily.

But still, I don't get it.

I don't get the conplete meaning of any of their reasoning.

Why would they have to suffer this much just for my sake? I am their child, I knew that, but still, why?

Yes, I am an Uchiha. Classmates of mine wouldn't dare to even touch a single lock of my black hair.

So? What if I am born an Uchiha? Don't I deserve to feel a more warm and soothing welcome?

Must everything stay like this forever?

After fixing up my things, I heard a bunch of other students' blabber, it's about some sort of a new café or something similar.

But I didn't care.

Why should I care?

That's what they always mumble around me, whenever they spot my blank face..

"Why should you care? You're an Uchiha."

Why should I care? I'm an Uchiha.

That's the part I don't understand the most.

Why must they think, I shouldn't care just cuz I'm an Uchiha?

But, what if they're correct? What if, they were all right all along, and I was just blinded, trying to deny it because I believe that everyone can give a damn about others?

What if, being an Uchiha really means, you're supposed to be emotionless and you will always be alone and full of gloom?

What if... Right?

But I'll admit it anyways, I disagree with those what ifs.

Ever since that day the both of them got stuck in the secret laboratory of some man, my life was wrecked.

I tremble from the smallest and tiniest squeaks and problems. I worry too much for simple unavoidable mistakes.

I became, the opposite of what I was supposed to be.

Walking my way through the pavements to what I don't wanna call 'home', small drops of water ran down my figure.

And the weather seemingly enjoys my gloomy self, and must have decided to join in to let me feel some sincere company.

The rain is a genuine friend. It'll be there whenever you need or want to pour on your tears. Especially whenever you're well aware that no one will lend you a soothing shoulder to cry on to.

That's what it feels like, huh.

To be an Uchiha.

The rain seemed to have felt the deep downcast within me, and poured on the land harder.

I want to struggle away this pain in my chest. It feels like my body itself is joining forces with my emotions. I feel so frozen, I feel so left out and alone.

Like the lone wolf.

No one is destined to be lone by themselves for eternity.

At least, that's what's keeping my hopes up.

I looked up, closed my eyes, and tried to cast all of my worries to the sky.

"If you can't stand properly, simply take your mother's hand."

I remember my father told me when I was still on my walking days.

Me, being the little baby replied sadly.

"Wouldn't she shrug my hand off hers?"

And my blank faced father would smile and pat my head..

"She'll hold you tight."

Yes, now I remember.

It was my curiosity's fault.

I just sighed at the mournful memory.

I watched the rain water drop to the ground with immediate pace.

Rains always seem to make me realize what I should be doing. The rain always seem to whisper softly in my ear with its best grin.. Warming me up with hope.

Hold on, pain ends.

Was the meaning of hope.

I felt my lips curve into a shy smile as the raindrops came to a halt.

"Oh!"

Someone's palm landed on top of my head, and before I could swivel around to check who it was..

His encouraging voice let out a sigh of relief and content.

"Sasuke and Sakura raised you well." Tears are trembling to drop any second now, just with the names of my beloved parents.

"Don't ever waste their efforts. Always remember, they're cheering you on. They're fighting for their lives just to be able to see you full of health and happiness." A tear of mine dropped.

"Just hold on, family is family." He is indeed the Nanadaime..

"Go now! Sasuke and Sakura is waiting!" W-waiting..?

I turn around to question him, but his figure poofs.

It was a mere shadow clone with a real amoung of wisdom.

I remembered what his last sentence was, and excitement and anxiety conquered me as I found myself running towards...

Home.

Where I spot my fully healed and recovered parents.

"Welcome home." My mom's faint yet sweet voice uttered.

I don't need to be alone forever.

All I have to do is hold on and keep believing.

That one day, I'll be with them again. And that dream finally came true, a tear dropped from my shimmering eyes. As I ran towards them, and enveloped both of them with my teenaged arms.

I felt my father's single arm.. And my mother's warm embrace.

"I'm so glad you're doing fine.." Mom cried. "Oh, Sarada.."

Finally..

I'm home.

Fin.

•••••••

Written by neechanrinMi