🌸Unkept Promises🌸

[Hunger Games AU, angst]

District 12 is where she was from, and life was rough for everyone there. The coal mines were dangerous and the poor had to do whatever it took to survive, much different than what district 1 had to do. Every year, the Capitol makes each district send in two of it's children to fight to the death in an arena. They call it the Hunger Games.

The reaping was today, she Sat with Sasuke as they munched on a piece of bread together and watched the Capitol representatives fly in.

An hour later, Sakura had just signed in and was waiting for the reaping to begin. They showed the same video they showed every year, of how horrible the world was before PanAme was created, and to Sakura it didn't look much different than the games itself. After the video, Konan stepped onto the stage and welcomed everyone with a cheery smile, one that the Capitol people wore when they knew blood was about to be shed. She picked the first name, it was a blonde boy who worked at the bakery. The next name was not her's but someone who she cared for more than herself.

"Sasuke Uchiha."

And on an instinct her hand shot up and the four cursed words escaped her lips before she could stop them. She swore she heard Mikoto gasp and begin to sob from behind her and Sasuke shouted her name as she walked up to the front. Her mother's and father's cries were unheard, it's hard to hear someone call for you when they're no longer with you, when they're still lost under rubble in the coal mines with Fugaku and Itachi Uchiha by their side.

She stood in front of the crowd of people, her home, and gave them one last salute as a goodbye. Her and the blonde boy who's blue eyes would not stop glancing her way, walked into the large building behind them where they will be able to say one last goodbye to their loved ones.

Mikoto came to see her, and cried an ocean while saying how thankful she was yet how foolish Sakura was for doing that. How Sasuke would either never forgive her or himself. Sasuke came in after and wrapped her in his arms, saying goodbye to his only friend since they could barely walk. He's sure he had another friend, but blue eyes and an obnoxious laugh was all he could recall. Sakura promised she would be back,

But Sakura never did come back.

The boy with blue eyes did though, a gold crown on his head and a single, damaged arrow in his possession. The arrow was given to Sasuke.

"Who's is it?" Sasuke asked dully, not liking the fact that this boy was in Sakura's place.

"Your girlfriend's, the Sakura girl, she told me to give it to you right before she died." The blonde replied, and finally linked his blue eyes with Sasuke's dark ones.

Before Sasuke could speak another word, to explain to the boy that Sakura was just his friend, he was gone as well as the all too familiar blue eyes. Sasuke looked down at the arrow that supposedly belonged to Sakura and saw little cuts along the sides, as if they were made with a knife. He looked closely and began to make out a few letters, even words.

I love you- Sak

Sasuke Uchiha then began to cry, small tears that could not be seen by anyone but him.
**
Written by konohaguild

I apologize for this being so bad, I just got the idea and wrote on instinct! The hunger games is my favourite book so I decided it wouldn't hurt to make a SasuSaku version of it. :D