🌸Don't Wake Up🌸

[high school AU, fluff, angst]

Sakura smiled as she lay her head on Sasuke's shoulder, staring at the slowly setting sun

Sakura smiled as she lay her head on Sasuke's shoulder, staring at the slowly setting sun. They were, if you couldn't guess, on a date, celebrating their 6 month anniversary. Sasuke looked down at the pink haired girl and smiled, he would have never imagined that she would end up being the love of his life. At the beginning of the year, he wouldn't have even looked her way. Now, he can't seem to take his eyes off of her.

As the Stars began to appear in the still darkening sky, Sakura stretched and yawned, getting to her feet. "I say it's time to head home, don't you?" She asked Sasuke.

Sasuke sighed, he wasn't ready to go home yet, he wanted to spend more time with her. However, he knew it was getting rather late, her parents would probably begin to worry. "Yeah, I guess so." He agreed. The two packed up their belongings before heading to Sasuke's blue pick-up truck.

Their ride home was anything but silent, it was filled with laughter and karaoke to songs that neither of them have heard in years. Sadly, they pulled up in front of Sakura's house sooner than they wanted.

"I had a lot of fun, Sasuke. Text me when you get home, okay?" Sakura said, getting out of the pick-up truck and closing the door.

"Of course." Sasuke smiled, waving at her as she turned around and began walking to her door.

"Sakura!" Sakura stopped and turned around as Sasuke called her name.

"Sakura!" He called again.

"Yeah? What is it Sasuke?" She asked, confused.

"Sakura!"

"Sak-"

"Sakura!" The pinkette jolted awake as her best friend, Ino, called her name for the nth time. The bell had just rung and it was finally time for lunch.

"Sorry, Ino." Sakura said, rubbing her eyes with one hand as she put her books in her bag with the other.

Laughter from across the room caught her attention, and Sakura looked up just in time to see Sasuke laughing with his friends as he left the classroom. A wave of sadness washed over her, as she realized her dream would never become a reality. How could she ever think that someone as cool as Sasuke would ever pay attention to a girl as unknown as herself.

___
By konohaguild