🌸Dear Diary🌸

[fluff]

• 5 years old •

• 5 years old •

Dear Diary,
I... Met a boy today. Well, I didn't talk to him, but I saw him. He's the top of our class and my Mom and Dad tell me he's from the legendary Uchiha clan. I think that's pretty cool. I wonder what it would be like to be famous for a certain trick or clan. He's really popular with the girls, too. Sometimes I wonder if he sees someone like me? Ino tells me that he's a lady's man, whatever that means. Oh, his name is Sasuke.

Dear Diary,
It was my first day at the Ninja Academy. I was so excited, especially when I saw my chance to prove to Father that I could be as strong as Itachi! I was already top of my class with my shuriken jutsu. I did learn from Big Brother, after all. There are a lot of people in my class, including that kid I was told to stay away from. He's always getting pushed around in class. Then there're all the girls. They keep following me around, but frankly, I don't really care. Oh, and there's that quiet girl with the bangs and weird pink hair. She's interesting. I think I heard her name is... Sakura.

• 7 years old •

Dear Diary,
Something happened. He's gotten so cold and so... Hurt. Sasuke, I mean. He came to school and he was like a completely different person. I suddenly felt really bad for him. But at the same time... I just want to get his attention more and more! I'll help him! I'll make him feel better! Maybe if I try and talk to him...

Dear Diary,
Why did it have to happen? I'm going to kill him, I swear... After what he's done... Not just to my family and neighbors, but what he's done to me. Doing what he did and leaving me alive to suffer like this. I'd much rather die with them. But I guess my dear big brother had other plans. I try to stay away from everyone at the academy now. They're all just a nuisance and they don't understand me. The girls are still clingy as ever, and even that Sakura girl is getting to me. Whatever. But they'll never know... Never.

• 13 years old •

Dear Diary,
I can't believe it!! I got onto a squad with Sasuke-kun!! I tried to talk to him, I almost kissed him, I was so close! But then... He called me annoying. But whatever! This is Sasuke-kun, after all! The silent and always brooding! He's so cool! Whatever has he gone through to be this cool?

Dear Diary,
Team 7 with Copy Ninja Kakashi Hatake, the idiot Naruto Uzumaki, and Sakura Haruno. I never thought that she'd come around full circle to be on my team. She'd better not get in my way. None of them should get in my way. I live for only two goals: To restore my clan and to destroy Itachi Uchiha. Anyone who can't help me with that had better get out.

• 13 years old pt. 2 •

Dear Diary,
Why did it have to happen? Sasuke-kun!! I tried to stop him... But he did it. I couldn't get him back! I tried to get Naruto to bring him back, but... He's still gone. I mean, he and Naruto were always fighting... Is that it? No... I'm still not sure... But I never thought losing someone I love so much could hurt so badly. I can't stand it... Sasuke-kun... Why'd you have to leave? Why?!

Dear Diary,
It's done. I've abandoned the village and I've left to seek out more power. The power I need to destroy Itachi. The only obstacle in my way? Sakura. She was there when I left and she made things harder than they needed to be. I questioned my motives after that, but there's no going back now. Heh. She's so annoying.

• 16 years old •

Dear Diary,
I saw him. He was there. My body wouldn't move. It almost pained me to see him like that. He seemed even colder than when his clan was wiped. Something had happened to him, and it scared me to think of what he'd been through with Orochimaru. I've cried every night thinking we'd never find him... And we did. Only to get caught in a fight with him. All I could do was stand there and stare at him. At Sasuke. But we missed him. He's still out there...

Dear Diary,
Hn. They must be persistent. It's been three years, and there they were. Naruto, two other ninja I've never seen before, and her. Sakura. She definitely looked different. She never grew her hair out again. Strange. She also looked stronger, but I never intended to hurt her to find out, so I let her be. The crop-top kid, on the other hand, had to go. Man... What was with me back there... When I saw her first... It was like... Almost a relief... Hn. What am I saying... I can't let my judgement get clouded over.

• 18 years old •

Dear Diary,
We've done it... Finally. After all these years... Sasuke's home. He's back. And after his fight with Naruto, we assumed he'd stay with us forever. But I guess someone like him can't stay in one place forever. So he left, leaving with us the thought that he promises to help the village indirectly, and I believe he's going to keep that promise. He is a member of Team 7, after all. He's proved himself in the war. I still love him, even after everything we've been through. Even when everyone's given up on him, I'm still here waiting for him, ready to help him. Because that's what I want for him: to help him, not turn him away. And now he's back.

Dear Diary,
After everything we've been through, I've finally decided to help the village. I've finally realized where my loyalty lies, and that's with my friends. I've avenged my clan, I've avenged Itachi, and I still need to restore my clan. But right before I left the village on my redemption journey, I poked her forehead. The way Itachi always did to me. It may be insignificant now, but I think it'll all come around full circle once again.

• 20 years old •

Dear Diary,
I don't know what to feel right now. Excited? Scared? All I know is that this Sasuke is different from the one I've known in the past. He's no longer the cold avenger, he's my boyfriend. He left me with this promise when he left the village, and now I feel it. I feel that bond continuing to form, and even though he's not with me right now, I can feel that he feels the same way about me.

Dear Diary,
I heard Naruto and Hinata got married. I guess time really does pass by too fast. I couldn't make it to the wedding, but I made sure to tell Sakura to wait for me. And she knows. I can feel it. I'm going to go home and visit her, and maybe the next time I leave on another journey, I'll take her with me.

• 30 years old •

Dear Diary,
It's amazing when you look back on your life and realize how far you've come. Especially how far you've come with someone in particular. We've all achieved our dreams. Naruto is the Seventh Hokage, I married the man I love, and Sasuke's begun clan restoration. Well, that sounds a lot more professional than it needs to be. We got married and we have a beautiful little girl: Sarada. She's everything to me. She's like a little piece of me and Sasuke, all in one. It's amazing. Well, just as amazing as the sight of Sasuke with his newborn child in his arms. Nothing makes me happier than to think that even someone like him could still have a bright future and a family. It all comes back around to meet him again. It all begins with family and ends with family, too.

Dear Diary,
All my life, I've been searching for revenge. What I've learned in the past few years, however, is that I've been blind all along, even with these eyes. Blind enough to not see that what I really needed was standing right in front of me: Sakura. She showed me how to love, how to live a normal life for some time, and she gave me Sarada. She was my motivation from the start, and now she's my wife, whom I love dearly, more than I love myself. Revenge clouded my judgement and I've forgotten that feeling of loving someone or even being loved by someone. I always thought she was an annoying fangirl, but now she means more to me than anything else on this planet. Her love for me was genuine, and now I love her. I love Sakura so much, and I've sworn to never leave her or hurt her ever again.

______________

• written by xX_Fang_Xx