🌸The Apple Tree🌸

[childhood AU, fluff, minor bittersweetness]

The apple tree.

Represents their growth.

From their friendship.

To their love.

And all of their problems in between.

______

They stared down at the seeds in their hands. Their hands and faces sticky from eating an apple.

A few minutes prior to this moment the two little kids decided that once they had finished their apples they would use the seeds to plant an apple tree. That way they'll get free apples whenever they wanted.

The little boy grabbed a small shovel and dug two holes. One for his friend and the other for himself.

They planted their seeds and covered them in dirt. The boys friend then went inside the house and grabbed a cup of water, she then poured it over the seeds.

"Just you wait Sasuke!" she said, "we'll grow the biggest bestest juiciest and yummiest apples!"

"Mm-hmm," the little boy agreed. "And now we just have to wait."

"Sakura! Its time to go!" the girls mother called out to her.

"Okay! Make sure you watch the trees, Sasuke," she said before leaving her best friends house.

Everyday for the next week the little boy cared for the soon to be trees. He watered them everyday and well that was about all be had to do.

His friend had moved away the day after they had planted the seeds, leaving him to care for the trees. It wasn't hard considering they had been planted in his backyard.

There was no trace of a tree growing in the backyard. Even after a whole week!

The little boy gave up on the tree. Thinking it will never grow and that there wad no point it taking care of it anymore.

The girl moves back almost ten years later. The pair are now sixteen and the tree still hasn't grown yet.

The two of them go to the same school and even have a few of the same classes together.

Their relationship is strained and not the way it used to be.

They're awkward around each other and never know what to say. Maybe its because of the way both if them had changed. From their looks to their personality, the two of them are different  from the time they were kids.

Their parents decide to have a dinner with each other. To catch up with the lost time.

The two of them barely talk.

Until...

"Hey Sasuke?" she asked.

"Hmm."

"Did the apple tree ever grow."

"No."

They laugh after that,  for no absolute reason they just laughed like the old times.

There friendship has rekindled and from then on it will only grow.

That night a small plant sprouts from where their apple tree was planted.

______

This one-shot was brought to you by...

The shitty author.

Who tried to plant an apple tree

When she was about six

And it still 'till this day hasn't sprouted.

~~~~~~~~~~

Written by 1-BUBBLES-1