🌸Love Yourself🌸

[minor angst, comfort, fluff]

Sakura
Sasuke

••••••••••

Will you stay with me forever?

Huh? Of course I'll stay, do you have a problem?

That's a relief. Something has been bothering me since we got together.

And that something is?

Nothing. You don't have to know.

Is it about...

Can you repeat that again? I didn't quite hear you.

How many masks have you worn Sasuke?

Wh-what? Masks? What mask?

Stop pretending. I know already. Don't take me for a fool.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's that foolish mask again, isn't it? Quit with the act Sasuke, if you are even Sasuke.

How did you...?

I'm not dense. Your eyes says everything, it screams pain and suffering. It screams... Fake. It's filled with loneliness.

I'm that obvious, huh?

Don't smile on me Sasuke, you're tearing apart in the inside yet you are forcing yourself to act like this!

What choice do I have Sakura!? I didn't want to taint a girl like you... I didn't want you to see the run-down side of me.

Why? You're not the only one who feels like that. I created hell inside of me in the past too. I was once broken like you.

You? Impossible. You're always happy, smiling at the little things. Your smile seems genuine and not fake... unlike mine.

Sasuke...

I... always... put on a mask to see you, like today. I didn't want you to see my weaknesses. I knew from the start that this foolishness can't last forever. I'm pathetic, I know.

You are not pathetic Sasuke. You're just afraid.

Yeah, afraid that you'll find out. I pretended to be strong for you even when I was hurting. I kept on hiding, hiding away from the truth that one day you'll find out. And my worse nightmare came true. Yet I still want you.

I'm sorry... I know it's hard, having the courage to see someone. To have the courage to see them without slipping up.

Did you... also worn a mask?

Yeah... It was a very long time ago. I was never the favorite, no matter how hard I tried to be the best, there was always someone better than me. Comparing myself to others became a routine to me. I lose all my efforts in doing something because I know, I know that there was someone better.

I'm sorry for not knowing.

It's not your fault, I didn't want to tell you in the first place. Because of that, I wore a mask. Pretended to be happy for someone when the truth is that I was crying. Crying all night because I wasn't good enough for anybody. I... wanted to disappear from this world you call reality.

Were you broken? When we met at this place, did I met the real you? Or... another mask?

No, you didn't meet the real me. I... was planning to... hang around.

What!?

Shocking, I know. Because of everything that was happening to me, I closed all my doors. Locked in from everybody. Besides, it's not like they care. But... I soon realize that maybe someone was at the other side of the door waiting for me. I hesitated, but I didn't regret opening my door again. Because on the other side of the door is... You.

I... saved you?

You did. You saved me from hell and from my demons. I never felt happiness until that day. I thought it was a dream at first, a dream that I never want to wake up again. But when you held my hand, I promised myself to never let go of yours. You were my savior Sasuke.

So... the Sakura I am with now is the real one?

Yeah...

Yet you're with a fake. How selfish of me. My world revolves around you, you were my star, the light to my cruel world. The world that I was once part of, but became an outcast.

You were never an outcast, especially to me. You are so much more than that.

I was afraid of everything, I have so many weaknesses that I turned myself to someone I'm not. I wanted to be perfect. Changing my character every single day so I can reach the standards of everyone I know.

Is that the reason why you kept on asking me what's my ideal guy?

Yeah, sorry about that.

I guess I wasn't smart afterall.

Don't blame yourself for my own foolish action. I wasn't able to show you me, or give you the real me.

Then show me. Do not be afraid anymore. I'm not gonna leave you, I will never in my life do such a thing.

Sakura... I...

Hey, don't cry on me now.

Sorry, my emotions got the best of me. Thank you for everything. You give me the best of me. You finally found the real me.

You'll never be alone again, I promise.

I guess it's time to throw away my mask. Thank you for making me feel this way.

.

.

.

.

.

In the end, they both healed each other. Sasuke stopped the whole Fake Love, but Sakura remained the cause of his Euphoria. The Truth was Untold in the place they met, their own Magic Shop.

••••••••••

Note: Yes this threeshot has been heavily inspired by BTS. I really like the meaning of their songs and I can relate to it. To everyone out there who wants to disappear forever from this place we call reality, please wait for someone to open your door again. You have so much to live for, like the theme of the songs, Love Yourself.

Written by Cherrysanro